• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Snow, beautiful Snow!

edjolly

Loc.
Denver Colorado
There's about 20-22 inches on the ground now. We're slated to get as much again over the next 24 hours. This is awesome!!!

Had to take my wife on an errand this am and damn it all! the carb was out of the Bronco. The blazer managed well enough, but I really wanted to play on my new Dunlops!

Got home and with snow running down my back, I got the carb back in and fired up the horse--man! on those tires it drove through the deepest drifts like crossing a wet spot on the pavement!

Glad I got it running. The old BFG's on the blazer ain't near new, and if this keeps up, I won't be able to get it out tomorrow. I know the horse won't let me down.

Ed

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. I'm really glad you are the one getting it ( the snow ). We had more than our fair share this winter at well over 100 inches. Have fun :)

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
I got sun burnt from workin outside today.......actually I wish I had some snow to play in. Los Angeles would come to a screeching halt if they got 2 inches......

Jeep Slayer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wildomar California
[quote author=GRIZZLY link=board=5;threadid=15374;start=0#msg116400 date=1048031354]
I got sun burnt from workin outside today.......actually I wish I had some snow to play in. Los Angeles would come to a screeching halt if they got 2 inches......
[/quote]

Me to, had my shirt off and was breaking a sweat and as for snow here ??? heck they can't even drive when it rains let alone snow ::) ;D :D ;)

huged29

Loc.
Ft Collins, Colorado
I went driving around in the snow and busted something in my dana 30. Whenever i put it in 4 wheel drive and lock the hubs i just hear a popping sound from my driverside hub. I think either the axle splines are stripped or the hub is busted, gonna have to check it out tomorrow, couldn't even get it up the driveway in 2 wheel so had to leave it outside. :'(

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
One of the best kept secrets is how "bad" the winters are in Denver. Granted, we have been in a drought but, being a native Denverite for or 40 years, the occassional snow storm is enjoyable. A saying in Colorado is "if you don't like the weather, what an hour, it will change. Record snowfall today and tomorrow and 60s by the weekend! Just in time to get some golf in!

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
[quote author=GRIZZLY link=board=5;threadid=15374;start=0#msg116400 date=1048031354]
[/quote]

That is funny I use to drive trucks LA to Bay and when they would get two inches on the grapevine they would shut it down.

badnewsbronco

Loc.
. wilmington MA
it's kind of funny, some people see snow and think of going down hills on skies and boards or taking a nice nature walks on cross country skies thats till we come along or should i say screaming by on high preformance snow machines scaring every living thing in a 2 mile radious, i see snow and i think 12000 rpm and the smell of 2 stroke :) hey i played glen eagel in colorado springs and in evergreen last year man nice courses, never saw a bell ringer before then

merciless

Loc.
Brooklyn, NY
Man so much snow this season Im actually burnt on snowboarding.
I put shorts and flipflops on for the first time yeserday. So nice 60-65 feels like 80 degree weather now lol.

skitchin.jpg

thesnake

Bronco Guru
We haven't had alot of snow, it's just snowed alot a few inches at a time, but considering I've got to work on the bronco outside, it kinda puts a damper on things.

john

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
[quote author=adambronco74 link=board=5;threadid=15374;start=0#msg116517 date=1048050504]
I'm up here in Estes Park and we got 3 and 1/2 feet today! We are forecasted for a total of 5 to 8 feet when this storm is all done with!
[/quote] Damn, :eek: where the hell is Estes Park ? I hope thats not a trailer park ;D

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
[quote author=2badrotties link=board=5;threadid=15374;start=0#msg116543 date=1048053901]
[quote author=adambronco74 link=board=5;threadid=15374;start=0#msg116517 date=1048050504]
I'm up here in Estes Park and we got 3 and 1/2 feet today! We are forecasted for a total of 5 to 8 feet when this storm is all done with!
[/quote] Damn, :eek: where the hell is Estes Park ? I hope thats not a trailer park ;D
[/quote]
Estes PArk is within an hour's drive of Denver. In Aurora, (on the east side of Denver near DIA airport) we have 3 1/2 feet of snow this morning and it is still snowing! Aurora has banned all passenger cars travel on roads. We are a member of FEAT (Four Wheelers Emergency Assistance Team) and have been asked to get out if possible

Panama71

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Estes Park is northwest of Denver in the Rockies at the top of the Big Thompson river canyon at the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. I lived there for 6 years and it never snowed three and a half feet! Sorry I am missing that.

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
[quote author=Panama71 link=board=5;threadid=15374;start=15#msg116579 date=1048085977]
Estes Park is northwest of Denver in the Rockies at the top of the Big Thompson river canyon at the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. I lived there for 6 years and it never snowed three and a half feet! Sorry I am missing that.
[/quote]
Interesting town - work there for a few years with EPMC as a paramedic

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Just some pics of this morning as we dug out the Scout for our FEAT response - Bronco is still getting rehabed - nice and warm and dry in the garage!. We had to winch the Scout out of our yard!
mvc-004f.jpg

mvc-007f.jpg

mvc-009f.jpg

mgweiss

Loc.
Denver
Nice Scout!! I think my Bronco will stay in the garage today, even though it would be fun to get out and play a little, I think I'll save it for the emergency crews. I was eyeing my YZ490 sitting next to the bronco with obvious thoughts about ripping around the neighbor hood.....nah, I better just start shoveling!