• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

So did I get a good deal?

nabes68

Loc.
Yuba city
I found a np435 on Craigslist today five min from my house. So I called the guy it was listed as a ford 4 speed. I went and looked at it today and got it. I traded a billet oval air cleaner for it that I got FREE from a friend that have me two of them so it didn't cost me anything it is out of a f250 divorced transfer case. I have not opens it up yet or counted the shaft splines but it should be the right one I hope of not I'm not out anything. So now what do I Need to do get an adaptor for my d20? When I install it I will put my 2 inch body lift on and my inboard shock mounts. I am having a good day so far but like I said I have not opens it up yet

redtail

You did pretty good.

I got a 6 cyl housing in the classifieds, and you will still need a adapter plate, but that should be everything you need. (assuming you have a manual trans bronco) .

OP
OP
nabes68

nabes68

Loc.
Yuba city
Yeah it's 349 but the trans was free and yes I have a man trans. I seen somewhere on a heep forum a guy made a adaptor plate

OP
OP
nabes68

nabes68

Loc.
Yuba city
Is that all ill need from toms I checked them out looks nice I guess I just send the one I h e from my three speed and dana 20

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
Is that all ill need from toms I checked them out looks nice I guess I just send the one I h e from my three speed and dana 20

I did this swap in the late nineties and that's all I had to buy. Just make sure your tail shaft has the correct spline count. Sounds like it should.

OP
OP
nabes68

nabes68

Loc.
Yuba city
Ok cool deal hope to order it as soon as I can. how hard is it to shift with the np435 shifter?
And do I need a new cross member or anything like that

demesauce

Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
You can buy a 1" spacer for $125 and the 6 cup tail housing for under $100. So for about $250 you'll have everything for need. (Nuts and bolts and gasket silicon)

NYLES

Bronco Guru
buldozer runs a gear banger on his a reg shifter would be under the dash

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
Ok cool deal hope to order it as soon as I can. how hard is it to shift with the np435 shifter?
And do I need a new cross member or anything like that

I like it. It shifts like a big truck instead of the hit or miss feel of the three speed. The throws are quite long unless you get a Gearbanger shifter. I want to build my own sometime.

Crossmember stays the same. I built a 1" hump on my tranny tunnel out of a cake pan to clear the top of the NP435 because I don't run a body lift. Youll have to heat and bend the shifter to make it clear your dash.

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
Where do I get a 1inch spacer and 6 cup tail housing?

You'll see them for sell on here in the classifieds and on ebay and such. Ive never heard it called a 6 "cup" housing before. lol. Its just the intermediate housing that goes between the transmission and Dana 20 on Broncos with 6 cylinder motors. Pretty common. And a member on here by the name of Kurt makes the adapter plate.