• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Soft Top Mass Buy for Winter?

Which top would you purchase in a mass buy?

• Speedy Top

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Best Top

Votes: 33 58.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Bestop isn't making one in white. I've got a Bestop on mine. Now I'm building another one for someone else and he really wants a Bestop but the only problem is they only come in black. Maybe enough people may chime in and we could get a run in white.

Cip68

Loc.
Harleysville
I'd be in for a white Bestop with tinted windows. I think the fit and quality of Bestop is better than the others I've seen.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
If one will do something custom, have them make it in the better materials that we have talked about like sunbrella.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Besttop used to have a white top, probably not enough interest to make more. However if we can swing this maybe they can make a run of white ones...

Years ago my dad used to make custom boat tops, I watched him make several, it didn't seem too hard. I've thought about trying to make some tops, but I have no idea where to start with a frame. I spose I could start with a manufactured frame and modify it until the lines were good then go from there. Then again the Saddleup thing always comes to mind.... Besttop it is then...

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Besttop used to have a white top, probably not enough interest to make more. However if we can swing this maybe they can make a run of white ones...

Years ago my dad used to make custom boat tops, I watched him make several, it didn't seem too hard. I've thought about trying to make some tops, but I have no idea where to start with a frame. I spose I could start with a manufactured frame and modify it until the lines were good then go from there. Then again the Saddleup thing always comes to mind.... Besttop it is then...

I have a frame, my sewing skills are lacking :-X ;D

Mr Rags

Contributor
I was ready to order a soft top and found this thread. I am in on either one we can get a deal on! (black w/ tinted windows)

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrillMaster

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
emailed wildhorses and never got back to me. Anyone know someone that they can talk to?

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I have a pristine white Bestop that I'll be posting for sale shortly... :)

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
I wanted a white Bestop, but Bestop won out over white, so I have a black Bestop. I do wish they would make one out of different material (the canvas they use for heep tops, for instance!).