• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

soft top mass buy, it's a go!

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
last week someone had mentioned about a mass buy on the new rampage soft tops. i made a phone call and it's a go for anybody who's interested. prices go as follows;

up to 5 tops, $525 each
up to 10 tops, $499 each
up to 20 tops, $479 each.

this mass buy will be through tom's bronco parts. let's see how much interest there is. this buy is available for black only, here's pix of what they look like;

Attachments

• DSCF0679.JPG
    DSCF0679.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCF0680.JPG
    DSCF0680.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF0681.JPG
    DSCF0681.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF0682.JPG
    DSCF0682.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 124
  • SoftTop4-small.jpg
    SoftTop4-small.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
I am interested in this. I will have to see, how many people we get. If there is a good savings I will do it now. If there is not I think I might wait. Man talk about sitting on the fence!

Rick, How do you like this soft top? Have you seen it next to a Best Top? Was it easy to install? Does it seal well with your doors? Any bitches?

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
got no complaints with mine. it's easier to get loose from the tailgate than my old STC was. it looks like they used a kayline riser rather than the STC style, but it still works fine. had it on the highway and the flapping is a minimal, but gets worse with the windows down. not drafty at all.

i saw a best top not too long ago, they're taller and i didn't like the way it seals around the top of the door.

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
How much is shipping and how does this top compare to the "Speedy Trac Soft Top With Tinted Zip Out Windows" from WH? this one seems lumpier in the pics around the bows.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
How much is shipping and how does this top compare to the "Speedy Trac Soft Top With Tinted Zip Out Windows" from WH? this one seems lumpier in the pics around the bows.

Both the Tom's and the WH are the same Rampage top.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Is that what the Best tops are made with?

Bestops are vinyl as well. New jeep tops, and newer convertible tops are in Sunbrella, or a material like Sunbrella, which looks more like a tight-knit fabric or denim. My Galen doors are Sunbrella so I would like the top to match and besides it is supposed to be a more durable material and less prone to cracking than vinyl.

Sunbrella was originally made for boat bimini tops. http://www.sunbrella.com/na/en/marine.pl

twister01

Loc.
modesto
soft top

Could I get a weight so I cann check shipping. I live about 40 mins from wild horses, mass buy might not be enough savings after I pay for shipping plus$479. Thanks Dave

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR

shipping depends on your location, you'll have to call tom's to get a quote. "speedy-trac" is just WH's fancy schmancy name for it. i think they're only on for the tinted version.

twister, keep in mind you got another $50 in tax.

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
don't know. think they had those before rampage came out with theirs, and JBG says it's their "exclusive".