• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

soft top mass buy questions

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
FIRST - I'm not trying to start a war or anything. A few months back there was a mass buy for a top and it was pretty reasonable. I remember thinking to myself this guy on e-bay

( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2472341145&category=6763 )

won't ever sell this top because the mass buy was much less. QUESTION - Is the STC top that much better than a bestop top ? Why so much of a price difference ? Have parts gone up that much in the past few months ? Anyone wonder how much this guy would sell a top for if we e-mail him and ask about maybe ten tops ? Is there any interest in a bestop top ? What tops did everyone get last time and how much with shipping ?

I'm not trying to steal any business away from anyone but maybe just maybe there is a deal out there for the rest of us poor people who would settle for a bestop. Any thoughts ?

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
I like the looks of the bestop better also and I'm not compleatly sold on the STC. I emailed Bestop with some questions namely if the bestop folds down and how hard it was as compaired to a jeep (which is the tops I have on them and love them). Just awhile ago they emailed back telling me that yes the bestop does fold down and its quite easy. They also are going to send me the instructions for the supertop. We shall see. Till then I will wait.

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
The STC top seems to have a better support system in them allowing them to stay tight through temperature extreems. STC is also the only one that has the tinted windows as an option, Bestop keeps saying they will, but I have yet to see them offered. Beyond that they both fold down and are just as easy to put up or down or take off. Niether are nearly as easy as the TJ style tops to take down. The biggest difference is in looks. As for pricing - yea, both tops have have considerable markups in the past while, the Bestop being the most. They used a tried an true marketing strategy - come in to the market low-balling the competition and then raise prices once you get market visibility.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
But does the STC rear window zip out?

They never show it.
broncozbig2.jpg

Last edited:

74bob

Loc.
Broomfield,CO
Rear window is supposed to zip out but I haven't taken mine out yet to see how easy it is. Side windows look real easy to take out instead of rolling up.