• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Soft tops...The bottom line.

Rmally

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
Ok,

I know the soft top question has been beaten to death, but still after using the search function and google could some one verify that I have the correct information.

Are there basically only 4 soft top options?

Best top
Rampage (is this the EZ Trac)
BC
Toms brand? Is the top from Tom's their own brand or is it a Rampage?

Just trying to get all the info before ordering one tomorrow.

Right now I'm going with the Rampage based on reviews and easy up and down.....and price.

The BC looks awesome.....but $$$$.
The Best top doesn't seem as user friendly.
The top at Tom's....what brand is that, or is it a Rampage? Is their material more durable than a Rampage or is it the same.

I also need White or Parchment.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
If i spring for another soft top it will ne a bc. I had a kayline/stc and the quality was crap. It tore & blew off on the freeway. I helped put a bestop on a blazer & it's made frome the same crappy hardware and material, just fit worse. BC's may be pricey but at least it will last more than a couple years and wont rattle like crazy if u want to run as a bikini top

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I just installed the Rampage. Really nice quality, great bow and track system, easy install. Here's a couple pics. Still has to sit in the sun a while to form around the HW.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370824236.555252.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370824248.404338.jpg

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I bought a Rampage from TBP and drove year-round here in the PNW for 2 years with no issues, great fit, no leaks. It goes down for a convertible ride in just a few minutes, very convenient to take the windows off and run around safari style in warm weather. I stored it away for now cuz I got a half cab hard top last year, and this time of year use a bikini. Maybe next winter I'll put the soft top back on just for grins instead of the HC.

zoob

Loc.
Long Island, NY
rampage!
7y9eqypu.jpg

OP
OP
Rmally

Rmally

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for the reply's and pictures.....Quick question, for the Rampage top do I just need to remove the wiper motor cover or will it fit with it on.

Thanks guys

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I can't comment on the cover as I use electric motors, but the Rampage does come with a drop bracket to clear the top for the stock motor.

crews44

Loc.
Mullica Hill, NJ
I have the Rampage from TBP. Its the new "denim" material and it is nice. Very easy to put on and put down.

Unfortunetley I can't compare it to any others is this is my first experience with any of them but I was impressed and feel it was $$ well spent.

larryejoh

I like my Rampage top. I've had it about three years and run in the summer with the side curtains off. The wiper drop bracket drops the motor down and rotates it 180 degrees. I've seen the cover mounted after this but you have to cut a hole for the wiper motor to stick out the right side. I just left mine off. My daughter gets a kick watching the wiper connecting rods move in the rain.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
...do I just need to remove the wiper motor cover or will it fit with it on...

You will have to remove it and use the drop bracket that comes with the kit, flip the motor 180*. But like larryejoh said, it's cool to watch the wiper mechanism work. :-X ;D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I agree. Very cool. Especially for kids I bet.
But by that same token, when those kids get big enough to reach up and stick a little finger in that same linkage, it might not be so cool anymore.

Of course, that's what parenting and learning about the real world is all about, but I needed to at least bring it up. There are a couple of spots that would do some real damage to a small finger. Or any finger!

Paul

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
I tossed all my old tops in the garbage and I am having one made. The fabric is cheep and but the idea is good. It's hot down here all the time so there is no need for the tight fit. I did have a kayline, it lasted almost 5 years of dd. Fit good and looked good. Just wasn't a long term solution.

MartyG

Bronco Guru
great info and I've been considering a soft top as well butbut I'm not seeing if the rampage is made in whites for parchment I'm guessing not?

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Bronco graveyard is 30.00 cheaper shipping than wildhorse. Bronco graveyard has Rampage and they show another one that says it heavy duty for 100.00 more. Which one did you buy?

I got the Rampage Diamond Black with the EZ/Speedy trac. WH is the same price as JBG, but has free shipping for this model.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have a early Rampage and I have had some issues with it (sitching cam apart and fabric faded). But with that being said it was an early model and I have heard the quality and the materials are much better now. When my old STC craps out I am getting a new Rampage in the diamond fabric. They are easy to put up and down and the zip out windows are great.
A budy of mine has the Bestop and I found the hardware to be flimsy and it is not as easy to put up and down.