• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sometimes I just can't take it...UGH!

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
So I have been working all winter on doing some upgrades and hoped to be done in time for SOB. I have done an EFI upgrade, PS box upgrade, Serpentine set up, Onboard air and electric fan.

Well I got everything worked out and been making some minor adjustments and it all runs pretty well. So it's time to road test it. One of the last things I needed to do was fill the radiator.

Turns out I have not 1, not 2 but 3 leaks. One is in the radiator, one is at the back of the block (looks to be the intake) and the third is at the front of the intake.

So I have to basically remove everything to re-seat the intake and have teh radiator fixed. What a PITA!

Just wanted to rant a little.

Galen

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Did you swap EFI onto a old engine? if so I believe your supposed to use the old style intake gaskets. Using the new style causes leaks.

OP
OP
G

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I did drop an EFI onto a old engine and that may be my issue because I definitely have leaks!

Thanks for the tip.

Galen

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That sux Galen... Hang in there, you'll get her all fixed up ;)

OP
OP
G

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I took the radiator off today and got it to the radiator shop. After thinking it over I think it willbe less work then I first thought but still a pain.

Thanks a bunch for the tip. I would have taken it all apart and ended up with the same problem.

Galen