• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOS need studs for NP435

Hinmaton

I'm rebuilding a NP435 off-line of my Bronco and just realized that it was studless when I received it (a rebuild that was started and then abandoned).
The studs are 1/2-13tpi x roughly 2" long, so should be pretty simple to find. But it also seems like there are 3 of one length and one that is shorter on the casting side (for reverse idler gear clearance). The are through tapped, so I am guessing that they thread to the shoulder:
- three at 3/4" of threads on short side x @ 2" long.
- one at 9/16" of threads on short side x @ 1- 13/16" long

I'm not having any luck even finding studs with asymmetrical threading...

Any reason why I shouldn't just use bolts?

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Your talking about the TC adaptor to rear of trans ? If so {one piece advance adaptors I assume} MIne has been running with bolts foe 30 + years no problems and was that way when I bought it used for the swap...I use allen hex head bolts ..

OP
OP
Hinmaton

Hinmaton

Your talking about the TC adaptor to rear of trans ? If so {one piece advance adaptors I assume} MIne has been running with bolts foe 30 + years no problems and was that way when I bought it used for the swap...I use allen hex head bolts ..

That’s exactly what I did-
afdcf2c313d55df8df4d400ef54c065d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk