• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sound bar (speakers on the rollcage)

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
I'm looking for a sound bar for a WH rollbar/cage setup, every one I see is custom made for certain year jeeps. Any one find one that works? or made one?

tarheel4life

I was looking also; I friend of mine put one in his jeep..I measured his roll bar and the 6pt in my bronco and they both measured out right at 46 inches..so I am going to get one made for a jeep and place in mine.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I use a similar setup. Instead of the whole bar, they are just the ends with the speakers and the lights. I beleive they are called sound wedges.

Just google sound wedges for a jeep or sound wedges for a rollbar and they should popup. They have decent sound and the overhead lights in each wedge are really nice.

Ben

3T

I just put two sound wedges designed for Jeeps in my Bronco - they are made by Vertivally Driven Products. They have a dome light integrated into the wedges which is really nice. I ran wire up into my rollcage to conceal the wires. They sound pretty good. Especially combined with my BOSS subwoofer I got from Beach Audio that fits just perfectly attached to the bottom of the passenger stock seat! I don't know what your rollcage set up is like but mine is a full family cage and I installed them behind the center hoop. The ONLY bad thing about them is that since they are made for a Jeep - there will be one side of the speakers stick up above the rollcage. I guess a Jeep's center hoop is taller than the other supporting bars (i.e., the one that goes to the windshield). I don't think it is that noticeable or much of a concern - they still look very nice, but just wanted you to be aware of it.

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
I'm looking to something similar to buldozers. I want to try to make them as weatherproof and theft proof as possible. Any ideas are welcome.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
i just took my wedges back to the j@@p junk yard. Same issue. The were above the main hoop and I just didn't like the look. Too bad. Found something similiar, but a one piece at Vertical something, something. Someone mentioned it earlier.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I bought a set similar to Buldozer's for my daughter's Wrangler...plastic shell molded to fit the diameter of the roll bar. Fits in same area as his picture. Was around $75, including inexpensive speakers....I think they can be bought without the speakers.

I either bought them from Quadratec, 4 Wheel Drive Hardware (both Jeep sites), or ebay under Wrangler parts.

Had to drill 2 holes into rollbar on each side and that was it.

Pops