• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Source for Long M10x1.0 ISO Bubble 3/16” Brake Fitting

RonJones

Contributor
I need to find a pair of long or deep M10x1.0 ISO Bubble 3/16” Brake Fittings or Nuts that fit a 1999-2000 Mustang 4.6L master cylinder. All I’ve seen online appear to be short or have no applicable illustration. Anyone have a source?

Thx!

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How long do you need it to be?

If this is the master cylinder I'm thinking of with the bosses off the bottom of the unit, you could alternatively just machine down the height of the boss and then use a standard length M10x1 bubble flare tube nut (or AN adapter fitting) instead.

https://brakequip.com/products/hardware/male-tube-nuts/

OP
OP
R

RonJones

Contributor
fluidtransferproducts.com’s menu isn’t populated under automotive, but it did initially look promising. I hadn’t gotten around to checking VW parts, but Apogee’s link had 14 mm stud length brake nuts, PN BQ4511LT, which should do the trick. The brake nuts I have only have 12 mm stud length, which leaves only 1 mm compression. Maybe OK, maybe not.

I thought about milling the boss’s down, but sucessfully clamping the work down and preventing contamination when the chips started flying seemed daunting.

I found a website that sells the 14 mm stud length:

http://www.brakeconnect.com/product/brake-line-fitting-male-m10-x-1mm-316-long-thread

So, I’ll try them. Thanks, all!

Attachments

• BBAC43E0-17F0-4C92-8C13-BC00D6E31EF5.jpeg
    BBAC43E0-17F0-4C92-8C13-BC00D6E31EF5.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: