• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Source for pre-bent hard brake lines?

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I need to replace some lines, and I'm too lazy to try and bend them myself, plus I failed Geometry. Any prebent kits or individual lines available from any of the parts houses or brake specialty shops? Thanks.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
TexasBronco said:
Jeff sells full stainless steel kits for just under 200

;D

What he said!

They have all that ya need and then some!!!

Make sure it is in when you make the order, and if it is you'll have 'em on yer door step in a day or three!

:cool:

Retro69

I went with Jeff's stainless brakelines also. Everything fit nicely with only minor tweaking.

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
I just ordered a set from Jeffs and they let me swap the stock 71 master cylinder lines for 77 power brake M/C lines ( longer ). All years are not the same and all of the places I checked prices were close.

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
I bent my own lines with no prior experience. I bent the front axles stuff in less than an hour. It's really not hard. Ya just have to look at it. I went a bought a tubing bender, but it was crap. I just gently used plyers and blocks of wood. Its so so much cheaper if you just by various lengths..
just my two cents

VT_Don

line fittings

The stainless lines I'm familiar with do not have stainless end fittings. They are just zinc plated, carbon steel. Most line replacement results from end fittings rusted tight into wheel cylinders. Can someone with first-hand experience confirm if lines with stainless end fittings are available?

MI-Bronco

I bought and installed lines from Jeff;s. They worked out well. You will need to specify whether disk or drums in front (fittings are different).

joe

Bronco Guru
Re: line fittings

VT_Don said:
The stainless lines I'm familiar with do not have stainless end fittings. They are just zinc plated, carbon steel. Most line replacement results from end fittings rusted tight into wheel cylinders. Can someone with first-hand experience confirm if lines with stainless end fittings are available?

just use alittle anti-sieze on the threads. I dont think the zink plated fittings will rust as quick as the stock ones.