• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

South Louisiana meet & greet-2/20/2010

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

Hey Guys, A big thanks to all that showed up for the Meet. I think the weather may have scared off a few who had originally planned on coming. It was raining in the morning and then turned continually colder as the day went on.

It was great meeting some local guys. We had about 15 people and 4 Broncos. Here are a few CB.com members that were present: Jspurl, Techlaf, bgs26. Sorry if I missed someone. Thomas has a list of everyone that was there with contact info. Thanks for posting the Pics bgs!

Everyone agreed that we would try it again in a few months. I thought we would have a few more Baton Rouge guys show up. What happened?

I don’t want to speak on behalf of the Deep South Early Bronco club guys but it sounded like there was some interest getting things going again. It would be good to get some of those “Pre-Hurricane Katrina” meetings and build days together as well as a Lafayette chapter.

As a side note. I will be making the trip out to the Lonestar Early Bronco Round-Up April 24-26. Anyone interested in information about it or caravaning to the event let me know. This will be my 3rd year going and it is a pretty damn good trip. There is something for every bronco and owner out there old or new. Stock of Modified. Here is a link to the event: http://www.lonestar-ebc.com/Club/Announcements-roundup.asp

jetsg4

Loc.
Baton Rouge
the pics look great. i just got back into town WORK SUCKS. got some details from the meet? topics, future plans, beer consumption award, most lewd comment to the waitress?????? fill me in please......

macascio

Loc.
Lafayette, LA
meet and greet

I was looking forward to the meet and greet but forgot about a planned family vacation to Disney World. Trust me guys would much rather have been looking at Broncos than cartoon charcters! I'm in Lafayette and would love to get together with some guys from this area. My 74 will hopefully be re wired and ready for a test crank next week, if I'm lucky!

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

I was looking forward to the meet and greet but forgot about a planned family vacation to Disney World. Trust me guys would much rather have been looking at Broncos than cartoon charcters! I'm in Lafayette and would love to get together with some guys from this area. My 74 will hopefully be re wired and ready for a test crank next week, if I'm lucky!

Hey Macascio, You will just have to catch the next one. We should try to do one Mid May. Stay tuned.... Good luck with the wiring!

Joe

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

Hey all,

Just a shout out to see if any of you are planning on going to the Lonestar Early Bronco Spring Round Up. It is April 24th-26th. I will be leaving from Baton Rouge on Thursday the 24th. Let me know if you are going!!!

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Hey Joe- I doubt I can make it, thats pretty close to finals...

So I just broke down and ordered the new painless 23 circuit wiring harness. I have heard how "painless" they are compared other wiring harnesses. Well I've never done any other complete wiring harness so any local guys on here that I can count on if I have any hickups in the install? Does anyone around here have the new style harness? In case I need to look at something. It might be a breeze, but I like to be prepared. Thanks!

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

Hey Joe- I doubt I can make it, thats pretty close to finals...

So I just broke down and ordered the new painless 23 circuit wiring harness. I have heard how "painless" they are compared other wiring harnesses. Well I've never done any other complete wiring harness so any local guys on here that I can count on if I have any hickups in the install? Does anyone around here have the new style harness? In case I need to look at something. It might be a breeze, but I like to be prepared. Thanks!

There are a few guys in the texas club that have experience with these and one that I know of that just got the same harness about a month ago. I am sure you can get some tips from them and, of course, on these forums.

Too bad you can't make the Round Up. Is it before or after finals?

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Too bad you can't make the Round Up. Is it before or after finals?

Its before. There's a week between the 2, finals start the 4th, so I may be able to make it... It really depends on my grades at that point... I have what's called senioritist ;D seeing how I graduate this summer!! So if my grades a stellar and my bronco is running right at that point I may be able to go. Sounds like a blast. The only EB thing I've been to is our little meet and greet. What hotel do you reccommend?

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

What hotel do you reccommend?

I recommend camping right there in the park. Lot's of good people to toss back the brews with. Also, fun to throw something on the grill. Thre are some hotels in Mason, TX which is very close to the park. click on the link in my signature, once on the LEBC homepage you can find the sign up form for the Round Up. Lots of info on lodging on that. If you are driving the bronco there then you could probably follow us to the event. We are leaving Thursday. This will give you a little peace of mind rather than going it alone.

Joe

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
kellie and i are still coming, but i'm a little nervous about driving the bronco if we don't have anybody else to travel with. the rising gas prices aren't looking too promising either....

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

kellie and i are still coming, but i'm a little nervous about driving the bronco if we don't have anybody else to travel with. the rising gas prices aren't looking too promising either....

Didn't you say you were leaving about mid-day on friday? We are going on Thursday. Should be others coming from Houston I am sure. But I don't know when they are heading out. You gotta go! Last chance to wheel Katemcy and you haven't been out there with your Bronco yet. Hope you can make it.

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Wish I could Joe! I better stay here and study...

I think we should plan a little meet sometime in May. Yall think about possible dates

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

sounds good to me. Let's start planning another meet & greet.

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
How about May 30 the last saturday in May? Is this too soon, or do we need more notice to get a decent number of guys? Even if its nothing big maybe lunch or if someone local has a project going on or a new install that needs some help we can work on it and have a few beers. Im up for any opinions...

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
I think they were out of Slidell, but I heard they kinda ended it after Katrina. We ought to get it back going or start a new one. Bayou Bengal Bronco Club could if nothing else make a pretty cool sticker!