• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

South Louisiana meet & greet-2/20/2010

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

Hooters WILL be OPEN for our meet and greet. They had a fire that closed them down for a while but they are now open. So it is still on!

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:

bgs26

Loc.
Eunice, LA
I will be there and I can't wait! I don't know who is more pumped up, me or the wife. Can't wait to meet some local Bronco addicts.

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Ill definitely be there... My bronco may be MIA aswell. I'm trying to push this mechanic to re-wire my ignition. Not my cup of tea...

jetsg4

Loc.
Baton Rouge
running isn't the problem. everything is "mechanically" great. i got aggrivated over the way some wires looked, so i tore them out, started on the body work this weekend, about 6 hours worth. now "job" work is piling up on me, and i need to work about 14 hrs a day to keep up. so my tinker time on the bronco may be going to nothing. if i can find time to rewire those i tore out, i'm going to take it to a shop and see if they can wrap up the body work as long as the price is reasonable. otherwise it will just have to wait till i catch a slow down again. oh, and mardi gras this weekend +2

jetsg4

Loc.
Baton Rouge
Ill definitely be there... My bronco may be MIA aswell. I'm trying to push this mechanic to re-wire my ignition. Not my cup of tea...

bgs should be able to hook you up with that ;D seems like this is going around like the flu.

bgs26

Loc.
Eunice, LA
;D yea about 2 weeks ago I knew nothing about ignition wiring. Now I could wire it for you with no problem (thanks to jet & Viperwolf again).

Jet, you tryin to get away from that "ugliest in group" award huh. I see how it is. What's wrong? You scared to lose? :cool: ;D

jetsg4

Loc.
Baton Rouge
i dont think yours is ugly, it looks mean. mine is ugly for sure, but i don't mind that. i know she'll be good looking some day. i've got to get concentrated thats for sure. i keep jumping from one thing to the next like an 8 year old with A.D.D.

work occupying a lot of my time is really going to slow me down. as long as i'm ready by may, i guess it'll be ok.

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

now you guys weren't supposed to go tearin' your broncos apart before the meet. Get those things back together! Doesn't matter if any are pretty or not so pretty. Like I asked bgs...when's the last time you saw one that you didn't think was cool regardless of what it looked like. We all pratically break our necks trying to see the one that just passed us going the other way. I tried to track one down one day but he was just too fast...too fast. Anyway, ya'll put those rigs back together so you can get some wing sauce on the steering wheel and maybe a hooters girl on the hood! That will distract from the "little things" wrong with your bronco.

bgs26

Loc.
Eunice, LA
Yea I was just kiddin' about being the ugliest. I don't care what it looks like, it is still a BRONCO! When I first bought the '66 it was completly stock. People would look at me in town and kind of giggle. The day I completed my lift and installed the new rims and tires was awesome. I went to the nearest store to get some beer and a guy offered to even swap me for a '95 F-150 in mint condition. I politely told him no thanks and proceeded to get my beer. The same day I got stopped twice for people to tell me how nice it was, primer paint job and all. That will really make you feel good. After jet helped me with my ignition problem last weekend we joked around on some pm's about being the ugliest, but it was just joking. BR will be the longest trip I have taken in it and I can't wait.

Jet, thanks on the compliment of mine looking "mean". Try to get yours back together. We need all the EB's we can get that day. I need some ideas. Good luck!

Lafayette and surrounding area broncs, I would like to know what time and place ya'll are meeting so that I could travel with ya'll. Let me know.

By the way, this is a completely different subject, but my wife and I just found out last night that we are gonna have a baby! WHAAAAAHHOOOOOOOO!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

By the way, this is a completely different subject, but my wife and I just found out last night that we are gonna have a baby! WHAAAAAHHOOOOOOOO!!!

That is awesome news. My wife and I just had our first, a baby boy, in oct. He just made 4 months on sunday. If you think your bronco is cool...wait till you get a hold of your baby! My wife says he turned me into a big puddin' cuz I get all teary-eyed just looking at him. Call me puddin' I don't care...I love that little guy.

jetsg4

Loc.
Baton Rouge
bgs26, did you have to do any body work? if so, did you do it? if you did do it, story?

congrats on the baby, double good news, you have a DD for the saturday meet.

bgs26

Loc.
Eunice, LA
I have not started the body work yet. It needs a lot. That is mostly what I want to get some advice on at the meet. I bought the Bronco with the primer sprayed on it. I dont know why they sprayed the primer without doing body work? It's a mystery to me. For the past year and a half I have been trying to get it running and driving like I wanted and it is about there. I planned on starting the body work soon, but with the news of the baby and all, I don't know when that will happen.

jet, what do you mean by "you have a DD for the saturday meet"?

jetsg4

Loc.
Baton Rouge
i started my body work last weekend. mine doesnt need much, but there is definitely a learning curve to doing it. i planned on having fri,sat,&sun to do it, but as of right now i've only got about 8 hours on it. guess i'm going to tackle it 30mins here and 30mins there until work eases up a little again.

designated driver

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

Hey, it's mostly highway so once she is in 3rd she is rollin'.

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

Hey Guys, it is lookin' like the weather is going to be okay. I will keep an eye on it. Here what is says today:

Saturday
Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the lower 70s.

bgs26

Loc.
Eunice, LA
I can't wait. I hope my Bronco is running right by then. I may have to trailer it, but it'll be there.