• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Speakers...

Brody74

Loc.
Arlington, WA
So I'm trying to find a good solution for putting a sound system in my EB and I had a buddy tell me that wakeboard tower speakers might work... I've done some research and although they seem rather expensive, look like they could do the job. If I bought a pair and mounted them to the rollbar right above my head would they pump out enough sound at 60 mph to hear them well enough? What're your thoughts on this?

ksbronco75

Contributor
theres cheaper and simpler solutions but they'll probably work and look cool. i had mine behind my seats on the wheel wells and i can hear them with wind noise

firekiller15

Loc.
Dallas, Tx
I used 6x6 in. Cantex brand junction boxes from Home Depot, they even have two dogear tabs that make a perfect mount for rear fenderwells. All you need to do is cut a hole on top w/ a cut-out saw or jigsaw, paint to match interior
and fill w/ poly-fiber behind the speaker. They are heavy gauge plastic, so they are easy to work with.