• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Special Broncos at Fab Fords 2009

bbolander

Andrew sent me the message below - look for them on the front row at Fab Fords on April 19, 2009:

Here's what we've got coming:

- Rod Hall's former Class 3 Stroppe Racer. Todd Zuercher located this one in Arizona 15 or so years ago. It's finally ours (we partnered on it), and it's one of the least-changed Stroppe racers in existence. It started life as an engineering Bronco U13 for FoMoCo and became a Stroppe truck as early as 68 and was used by them right up until mid-late 76 as far as we can tell. It's currently named "Red Racer" by Todd and it's history is still being examined. However, several wins including the Baja 500 and 1000 and Parker 400 are confirmed!

- Bobby and Al Unser's 1969 Mint 400 Stroppe Bronco Racer. Bobby and Al got frustrated and gave up the first day, then Parnelli and Al finished the 2nd day, in 3rd place, driving this Bronco only to be disqualified for a driver change! Rebuilt in 1981 as a regular Bronco built for mild trails, it has survived and many Stroppe and race details were retained. On top of that History, it has the most "Broncocentric" nightmare Previous owner modifications of any nice-driving Bronco out there. It's coming under it's own power to FFF this year. The cherry on the icing, on the whipped cream, on the cake, is that from what Willie Stroppe and I can tell, this truck is one of the first 2-3 Stroppe racing Broncos and is likely the 68 season truck of Larry Minor and Jack Bayer, which won Stardust, Baja, and Mint races that year.

- Silver Fox. Duane Kennedy's famous Bronco. Affilliated with James Duff at the time, the Silver Fox had all the chrome and custom paint, plus all the popular mods at the time. It was featured in magazines and in Duff's catalog in the 70s and 80s and was many a current Bronco buffs secret crush Bronco. Terry Marvel recognized it and snapped it up and has been gathering the parts necessary to make it a clean driver while not changing ANYTHING. Many of us today perusing FFF would love to see this truck in all it's glory rather than the poster on the wall we all grew up with!

These trucks, all 3, were discovered last year and are HUGE finds for the Bronco hobby. Quite possibly the 2 winningest Stroppe Broncos (aside from Big Oly), and the most state of the art, cleanly executed Bronco Part supplier's calling card Bronco of the 70s. As you can tell I'm excited, and I think it might be cool to find a special spot for these 3 if possible!!