• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sport body trim. Did I get the wrong stuff?

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I ordered new sport trim for my restoration and I think I have an issue. I got it today and took one of the pieces out of the packaging to see how it looked. It is the front fender piece. I held it up to the Bronco and it appeared to be a little longer than the original piece was. I got the original one out and it is almost three inches shorter than the new one. Anyone else have this issue? I checked the package and it is labeled correctly. I checked the piece for the other side and it is longer than the original as well.
I'll get some pictures posted here shortly.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Ok, Here are the pictures. I also noticed the back end ( Closest to the door is beveled and the original is not. That part is not really a problem but the length could be an issue.

Attachments

• Bronco Trim 002 (Large).jpg
    Bronco Trim 002 (Large).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Bronco Trim 003 (Large).jpg
    Bronco Trim 003 (Large).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 42

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
All of my originals are about 49 1/4" long, no bevel. I know this style trim is used on other Ford products from the 60's. With it beveled that would be for something that doesnt have extended hinges, which is anything but Brocnos.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
All of my originals are about 49 1/4" long, no bevel. I know this style trim is used on other Ford products from the 60's. With it beveled that would be for something that doesnt have extended hinges, which is anything but Brocnos.

Thats what I'm thinking also.

Fishbone

Loc.
Northern, Illinois
This doesn't address your question, but were you able to locate the passenger side rear quarter piece? If I remember right you were also having trouble finding that.