• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Spray bed liner on the exterior?

ryan1ut

I have been trying to decide what I want to do as far as paint. I want to have a nice looking bronco but I dont want to be tied to the street. It will be on the street most of the time but I would like to be able to go hunting or to the round ups and not have to worry about the paint. Have been thinking about doing spray bed liner on the exterior. Anyone done this? What do you think. Pics if you have them. Thanks for the imput.

Ryan

JSBX

Contributor
If you paint your Bronco with bed liner you are committed to this look. It is very hard to get off.

TAWL_BOY

Sponsor/Vendor
Loc.
Friendswood, TX
I do some work at a place the bedlines the exterior of most of the trucks they build.
When done properly with the right product it comes out pretty good.

I've seen multiple vehicles that were done 4+ years ago and they still look good. It will fade some. But tire shine will make it look new again.

But...on a classic vehicle that was in pretty good shape, you're killing the value. I also wouldn't recommend it on a crawler because it is not easy to touch up.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Total value killer. Just spraying the inside of a Bronco tub with bed liner drops its value. I have walked away from some just because they have been sprayed. It's a one shot deal. It is easier to go back to uncut then it is to go unsprayed.

Farm paint can at least be stripped and sprayed with a good paint job later.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
DONT DO IT!!!

Takes away value and kills the resale!!!
I too have walked away for a deal on a bronco because the outside of the tub was sprayed!

Use a single stage urethane paint some thing like Duponts Nason line. Very durable, inexpensive and can be easily retouched. When clean and waxed looks great!

BRONCONY

Loc.
North Eastern, NY
I was thinking about having it don on the inside only. Would that kill it to much? Just the floor nothing elts really. Sorry to hijack the thread. :/

iPhone using Tapatalk

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I don't have a problem with the inside of a tub being sprayed with liner. As long as its done right. I have even seen it done on the underside of a tub and again if it is done right I thinks its fine. I want to do the inside of my own 67 at some point.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I did the inside of my tub and the rockers on the outside to keep rocks from pecking the paint. I really like mine, but I will never sell it. It goes to my grandson, so resale is not a problem. Unless it was a hunting rig for the woods.

OP
OP
R

ryan1ut

Thanks for the responses, I think yall have talked me out of it.....lol