• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Steering Wheel--help me decide

vap13

I like #2, what is the diameter of the wheel? I might get one myself. I like the one Tom's sells but I don't like the advertisement. It might be a small script but it is a big deal to me.
Paul

Moaiz

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
If I understand correctly Toms wheel actually reads:
Tom's on the left...
Bronco in the middle button...
and Parts on the right?
"Toms Bronco Parts" in total...?

Wouldnt that be as if the Lecarra if it said
Lecarra on the left...
Steering in the middle button...
and Wheels on the right?
"Lecarra Steering Wheels" in total...

For me both would be similar to just having on that says "Eat At Moe's" in flashing neon.

Product branding and advertising are two somewhat different things. Personally, I dont like that I cant remove Tom's advertising off of the wheel.

OP
OP
HotWheels

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
MI-Bronco said:
Yes, but not Tom from Tom Bronco Parts

If it would a said "mick's bronco parts" then we'd have something. now, everyone named tom will by one....custom names would be cool!!:cool: :cool:

MI-Bronco

Man, I guess I'm not up with the times. I have the bronco script wheel from Toms - and it doesn't have his little advertising on it. Now that I see that, I got to say - I'm glad I have the one I do, and I d*mn sure wouldn't buy the one with his name on it - even tho my name is Tom - ...

That's a pathetic shameless plug that I don't need on my rig. And in case you think I don't treat all the same, all my Duffy shocks that have his name are either 1) painted over or 2) turned so no one can read 'em.....

When I get paid to promote their name, I'll gladly advertise for 'em.

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
MI-Bronco said:
When I get paid to promote their name, I'll gladly advertise for 'em.

It's funny how that actually works. When I used to race. If I won a race and got pictures taken, you would collect from the stickers that showed on the car in the picture. Or if you got in a magazine. I never made it that far. I was in it for the thrill.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I will not wear T-shirts,hats with anything on them
Darn Jeepster...and I was just going to send you a bunch of free CB.com tshirts for breaking 6000 posts. ;) ;D

yak67

Bronco Guru
I don't see what the big deal is with the whole Tom's thing.....it's not like the name is in neon pink or something...but it's a free country and just like Tom has the right to put his name on the wheel, and everyone also has the right to complain too.;D

MI-Bronco

Not complaining - just saying I wouldn't buy it - same part of that free country thing.

OP
OP
HotWheels

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
yak67 said:
I don't see what the big deal is with the whole Tom's thing.....it's not like the name is in neon pink or something...but it's a free country and just like Tom has the right to put his name on the wheel, and everyone also has the right to complain too.;D

we also have the right to give our opinion of a product (may cause change may not) or not to buy it.

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Enter cheep sh@t here---> "hotwheels, are you telling me that you STILL don't have this thing on the road yet?"

Just kidding, I know how it is. I keep telling my wife, "It's almost done honey."

Jeff in AZ

OP
OP
HotWheels

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
airman said:
Enter cheep sh@t here---> "hotwheels, are you telling me that you STILL don't have this thing on the road yet?"

Just kidding, I know how it is. I keep telling my wife, "It's almost done honey."

Jeff in AZ

getting there....sick this week...not so "Hot".