• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

stereo amp question

daves bronco

Loc.
Bonney lake WA
>>>>> for amp installs, I would suggest getting 4 gauge welding wire run to a distribution block in the cab ......the welding cable is much cheaper & mutli strand like the fancy colored high dollar dedicated car stereo stuff... the 4 gauge will be more than enough for 99.9% of early bronco owners ,I haven't needed anything bigger since the mega car stereo days back in the late 80's/early 90's... for the ground I ran 4 guage from the battery to the frame then a short piece from the distribution block to the frame.............

I dont know much about welding wire, but you dont need 4 gauge. car stereo wire is multiple stands of small wire to keep eddy currents down, it is more money, because it is coated in silver sometimes, which is the best conductor.