• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stereo amp/sub question...Audio guru's

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
My box is removable. I dont need that kinda sound when just grocery shopping or cruising around town. I just take it into the house. On roadtrips I take it into wherever I am sleeping. Opportunity makes the thief they say. I just dont give any opportunities!

Even if its bolted down, some dumbass thief thinks its not and rips your softtop or breaks your window. Sucky scenario.

daves bronco

Loc.
Bonney lake WA
Tasty geezer dont forget to set you gain the proper way. It will help with the sub not overpowering the 6.5s, plus I bet the rms on that sub is 200 and I didn't see what kind of amp that is but if it a good one, and you bridge it, you will be running 450 or so, and blow that sub. Crutchfeild is a great help if you have Questions. I have already seen some wrong and misleading advice on here. I had a friend that got his box stolen so he made a nice box with razor blades set in the handles, about a month later his trunk was open box still there, and blood on the razors.

chuckinphx

Loc.
phx
just to let you guy know ,, been googling found out sprayin bedliner will stick to box. i quess they do it in boats makes it waterproof and durable. as soon as i get around to making my sub box/tool box ill put some pics in my gallery. i also made some kick panel speaker pods without cutting up the kick panel, they have a angle to them,,,, had to move the ebrake a little, but needed to for the cage anyway. i used the shallowest 6.5 speakers i could find pioneer 40$.. some pics in my gallery but need to take some in the daylight..

OP
OP
Tasty Geezer

Tasty Geezer

razorblades...damn!!! That is some hardcore theft deterrent sh#% there...

I set my crossover to deliver just the bass to the sub and I did set my gain so that I can still hear my 6.5's. I think I have a good balance. The bass settings on my head unit are at +1, so my 6.5's are not getting much bass at all...Since the amp is hooked up to the rear output I can simply adjust the fade on my head unit to the 6.5's in my doors when my two kids are in the bronco. Don't want to damage any ears...

chuckinphx...can that bedliner be sprayed on the box that I have...mine is felt or thin carpet covered...I WILL end up in a rain shower and need to make it waterproof!

I am working on securing it to the truck now so it doesn't walk away on me. I am thinking of bolting some eye bolts to the box and attaching a black masterlock cable lock to the rear seat. I want to have the flexibility to move the box around in the back to make room for cargo when needed without loosing my tunes.

OP
OP
Tasty Geezer

Tasty Geezer

My box is removable. I dont need that kinda sound when just grocery shopping or cruising around town. I just take it into the house. On roadtrips I take it into wherever I am sleeping. Opportunity makes the thief they say. I just dont give any opportunities!

Even if its bolted down, some dumbass thief thinks its not and rips your softtop or breaks your window. Sucky scenario.

My 6.5's just weren't cutting it..so the sub/box is going everywhere with me...;D

I wonder how hard it is to break a window in an EB? That glass seems super thick...has anyone ever had there window in their EB broken by a thief? Just curious

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
In my case its an STC canvas soft top. A little slice is all it takes. Being that STC and Kayline are out of business, I would be out of luck if that were to happen. Any glass is easily broken with the right motivation.

OP
OP
Tasty Geezer

Tasty Geezer

In my case its an STC canvas soft top. A little slice is all it takes. Being that STC and Kayline are out of business, I would be out of luck if that were to happen. Any glass is easily broken with the right motivation.

Yes you would...better bring that box in at night...

That would take some effort to break that glass though...just curious if it has happened to anyone here..

OP
OP
Tasty Geezer

Tasty Geezer

ok...so I decided to rhinoline the sub box...I also installed some eye hooks at the base of the box to use a cable master lock and secure it to the rear seat. Once I have everything installed I will take some pictures and post them if anyone is interested. Almost done!

OP
OP
Tasty Geezer

Tasty Geezer

finally done!

So the sub box has been rhinolined to match the bed of the truck...I added (2) eye bolts to the base to secure it to my truck by a cable lock attached to the rear seat...I then used a bunge to tension it to the backseat, that way I can move it to the side if I need extra cargo room, which happens frequently...

Very Pleased with the sound and the way it looks...;D

Attachments

• bronco upgs 009.jpg
    bronco upgs 009.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 48
  • bronco upgs 011.jpg
    bronco upgs 011.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 56
  • bronco upgs 012.jpg
    bronco upgs 012.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 50
  • bronco upgs 015.jpg
    bronco upgs 015.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 38

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Nice work. One recommendation. Face the sub towards the tailgate. When passengers sit down there is less chance of puncturing the thing. Enjoy the sounds!!

OP
OP
Tasty Geezer

Tasty Geezer

Nice work. One recommendation. Face the sub towards the tailgate. When passengers sit down there is less chance of puncturing the thing. Enjoy the sounds!!

NY-Bronco thought about that, but my kids ride back there in their carseats, so no real harm there...I do however throw strollers, beach gear and tools back there and those would surely puncture it...so it made sense to have it face forward...thanks for the help. How's the insulation/carpet coming?

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
NY-Bronco thought about that, but my kids ride back there in their carseats, so no real harm there...I do however throw strollers, beach gear and tools back there and those would surely puncture it...so it made sense to have it face forward...thanks for the help. How's the insulation/carpet coming?

All done!! Wiring sorted and I have wipers ;D Tomo will do a cruise on long island to the hamptons to test everything out.

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Looks good. Like the amp install. I did the same thing with with the eye bolts and cable. I went to lowes and made up a little 5 inch long cable. Another thing I did was drill a hole through the spare tire latch and put a lock through that so you can't open the carrier or tail gate. My box is designed so that seat wedges it to the tail gate. I'd like to think of a different way to lock the gate it self though. You can still get the spare open if you yank hard enough.

Pestanza

Loc.
Sunnyvale
Looks good. Like the amp install. I did the same thing with with the eye bolts and cable. I went to lowes and made up a little 5 inch long cable. Another thing I did was drill a hole through the spare tire latch and put a lock through that so you can't open the carrier or tail gate. My box is designed so that seat wedges it to the tail gate. I'd like to think of a different way to lock the gate it self though. You can still get the spare open if you yank hard enough.

Hey Sac,
I am going to replace my metal rods in the tailgate with plastic coated cable to eliminate rattling. Does Lowe's have the tools and material to do this? (Crimping tools, etc.?)

Pestanza