• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stereo system install

browngr5

Loc.
Eagle, Idaho
I can't just build the same old 6x9 boxes on the rear wheel well. I had to do something new. I decided to learn how to work with fiberglass. Here is my plan 5-1/4 componant in front kick panels tweeters in door panel. 6-1/2 componants & tweeters in rear quarter and 2-10" Rockford P3 subs.
1000.1 and 400.4 Amps bolted to underside of rear seat. I'm almost ready for black paint to match the body. I hope I can find a family cage that fits with my design.

https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/838478/thumbnail/imag
0120.jpg

Last edited:

Deano

Bronco Guru
That's kool! I've ben wanting to do something like that on mine but I just haven't got around to it yet. Neet stuff keep it up. More modivation for me to get it done!

stingus

Loc.
Nashville,
I love the kick panel set up! I've been trying to figure out how to do my speakers. Mine will never look that good but maybe it'll inspire me to rig up something :)

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Wow that looks GREAT!!! I hope you made a 2nd set for me! ;D

Seriously though - those kickpanels look great - and the rear quarters are awesome. Can you do a write up or "how to" for the site?

weasel

Loc.
Norfolk
Looks awesome. One questions, those rear boxes over the wheel wells: is that one big open box on the inside and if it is won't the subs air pressure interfere with the other speakers?

Just curious. :cool:

OP
OP
B

browngr5

Loc.
Eagle, Idaho
Looks awesome. One questions, those rear boxes over the wheel wells: is that one big open box on the inside and if it is won't the subs air pressure interfere with the other speakers?

Just curious. :cool:
Very good question. I did seperate and seal the subs airspace with 3/4 mdf. Fosgate P3 specifies each 10" needs 16 litres of airspace...water in a garbage bag worked great.

weasel

Loc.
Norfolk
Thanks for the reply. I would hate to be the guy sitting in the back seat. Bet it would really thumb ya. :eek:

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
i like the kick panels to but you have showed the passenger side but what about the driver side with the e-brake pedal. what did you do on that side. did you remove the pedal assembly and go with a hand brake setup.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
i like the kick panels to but you have showed the passenger side but what about the driver side with the e-brake pedal. what did you do on that side. did you remove the pedal assembly and go with a hand brake setup.

Mini hijack - you guys looking for a kickpanel solution might want to take a look at these pods. Very cheap - might work - I've been kicking around this idea too.

speaker pods

Todoubled

Panels look great. But I also would like to see what you did about the drivers
kick panel. Second, how did you attach the rear panels to hold them in place? Got me wanting to start my install now.

OP
OP
B

browngr5

Loc.
Eagle, Idaho
Won't work with stock EB. Moved the high/low beam switch. It didn't have a EB lever when I got it. I want to find a hydraulic locking brake lever. Any thaughts on the lever i'm talking about? I'm working on how to attach the rear panels, May install steel sleeves through the fiberglass then bolt at front and use the top rear bolts at the stake pockets.

OP
OP
B

browngr5

Loc.
Eagle, Idaho
looks great, how much do you think it has cost you total.
Cost for kick panels are around $15 each if you only count the material used to make them. I have leftover material left from my side panels so it was inexpensive.

Total material for the sides and kick panels.
4 gallons resin @ $37ea = $148
10pkgs of 8sqft fiberglass matt @ $7.30ea = $73.00
1gallon Rage Gold body filler =$36.00
Misc: cheap brushes, paint thinner, sand paper, MDF for rings, Fleece= $80
Holy crap! Why did you have to ask, this is killing me. I still need paint and speakers.
Maybe the 6x9 speaker boxes arent so bad after all.

trailbound

Really nice work. If it's not to late I would recommend only running 1 sub. That way your base waves aren't battling each other. Subs are best run in odd numbers.