• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Still no spark!!!!!!!

shamus

I just put an 86 5.0 in my 74. I get spark to the dist. when moving it back and forth. (dIST.) But when I attempt to start I loose spark. I changed the module out twice, the cap/rotor, coil, complete dist. same prob. A friend said it might have had a crank sensor but I don't think 86 had one. I get a code advising the neutral switch is out of range? Could this be it? If so where does it tie into the wiring harness? HELP PLEASE AT MY WITS END....:mad:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Is this an injected motor with a TFI ignition or something else?

ransil

Bronco Guru
Distributor might be 180 out, need to be set to #1 on the compression stroke.
How did you wire in pin #30 on the computer??, but this should not matter.
no crank sensor on this year.

OP
OP
S

shamus

Distributor might be 180 out, need to be set to #1 on the compression stroke.
How did you wire in pin #30 on the computer??, but this should not matter.
no crank sensor on this year.

I have had this problem for a little while so I have taken the time to go back and check wires, connections and checked the TDC over and over. I even ran the timing mark around to TDC and took the dist. cap off to make sure the rotor was poining at the number 1 plug.
Thanks