• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock Suspension - 2 Degree Bushings?

ShoeSlinger

I have (new) stock suspension and it has all new bushings. I am removing the front end and am wondering if it is worth replacing the C bushings with 2 degree even though they are new. Will I notice any handling differences with 2 degree versus zero or just a waste of $ and time? Figure now would be the time since front is coming off anyways.

Thanks

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
Take it to an alignment shop and get the caster reading before you take apart. You may want to go back with even more than 2 degrees to get the optimal caster numbers.

Seems like factory caster numbers are always on the lean side.

T-7ToNewOldB

Original caster and toe numbers were both lean. Better to not use the original specs. Modern tires and power steering give us more options.

Jfryjfry

If you have stock suspension I’m guessing you’re not taking it off the beaten path much. In which case the front pinion angle isn’t as big of a deal.
If this is the case, definitely look at some degreed bushings. Maybe more than 2*

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
you have a 1974 should have power steering and trying to run California freeways I would want more caster. Can you drive the truck 70 mph down the freeway one handed? proper caster, and round balanced tires you should be able to do that.