• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stolen Early Bronco Avoidance. Bullet-proof answers please?

Seymourpus

BANNED
Loc.
So Cal
I have 3 kills switches.

Fuel shut-off, electrical-kill starter, and any thief bypasses those, after 1 mile he gets the spark plug wire jolt to the jimmies by the wired, alarmed driver seat cushion.

But since the Early Bronco is probably considered to be an "attractive nuisance" in the legal world, I would be held responsible in civil court and sued for his fried jewels.

Any better guaranteed ones, or do we have to start a database to protect our prize?

I had a buddy in high school used to tape razor blades behind his stereo and one day came back to his car and you can guess the rest. I guess you don't feel the razors until its too late. Way way too late.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Just leave a bucket in for a seat. Even a stupid theif would be smart enought not to drive it :) :)

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Why don't you just remove all the hood latch and seat bolts? He won't get far.%) Use what works for you.

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
I suspect you will end up with fried jimmies if you keep a booby-trapped seat.

I don't think an EB would exactly qualify as an attractive nuisance from a legal perspective, even if it is both attractive and a nuisance.

OP
OP
Seymourpus

Seymourpus

BANNED
Loc.
So Cal
Except for the useless thread connection of no solution, there was one smart dude.

The tow truck.

Yet in this day and age, my radio can connect to a satellite XM it plugs into the cellphone to be the handsfree device and no one made a homing device to track the bronco yet?

I get "I smell a troll, I smell cannabis and use the missing hood latch ploy."

2 out of three ain't bad. Still clueless as to the troll comments. They seem to come from people who post intelligent statements like....

"Troll" and "A troll" or "Trolling".

However, as smart as I am, secretly making the hood latch unlocked is a great idea.

See how morons contribute to evolution? They make stupid comments not realizing how really really stupid the comment is as it was a good idea.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Except for the useless thread connection of no solution, there was one smart dude.

The tow truck.

Yet in this day and age, my radio can connect to a satellite XM it plugs into the cellphone to be the handsfree device and no one made a homing device to track the bronco yet?

2 out of three ain't bad. Still clueless as to the troll comments. They seem to come from people who post intelligent statements like....

However, as smart as I am, secretly making the hood latch unlocked is a great idea.

See how morons contribute to evolution? They make stupid comments not realizing how really really stupid the comment is as it was a good idea.

did you read the link that was posted, there is a lot of good info in in it. oh crap i forgot you are too smart for that, sorry

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I was referring to the "attractive nuisance" comment. I'm sorry. Wasn't trying to be a jerk. :) Guess I was.

No apologies. I was trying to be a jerk. Calling bull shit on the the hot wires to the cojones.

Last edited:

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I won't ever give away my secret theft prevention obstacles however, the sick part of me somehow wishes someone would try it out.

carter2772

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa

The tow truck.

They make stupid comments not realizing how really really stupid the comment is as it was a good idea.

They make stupid comments not realizing how really really stupid the comment is as it was a good idea.

Ummm..... And as far as the XM radio connecting to your cell phone or bronco, how does this not freak you out. u do know they can track you and shut your vehicle down with this... since you do like to run from the police, would this not be counter active?