• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stolen truck - Pics added

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We'll keep an eye open down here on the MS Gulf Coast.

I had a truck stolen in El Paso once so I know how you feel. Make sure you check with the bank and PO quick. Most places only keep recordings for 7 to 14 days. If they have a newer digital system you should be able to post if they show anything. Maybe someone will recongnize the truck used to take it.

tasthree

Loc.
western NC
That sucks.Can you see anything from the banks videos of the access for where it was stolen from.If possible I would even go back further in time to see if you can catch someone scoping it out.Also I'm sure you have checked all the towing places records around you.Might ask if any of the workers are allowed to take the trucks home overnight.Check neighboring towns too.Ask around to the various auto shops for someone looking for or to sell parts,body shops,junk yards,etc.Just some thoughts for ya.T

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
Sorry to hear about it.. If I see it in the North Alabama area I will let you know..

OP
OP
Bronco717274

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
OK folk's, Heard back from sherman PD today. No luck with bank camera's Or the post office. I've checked the local salvage yard's & junk yard's in my area. My ole lady made me some flyers with a pic of my truck along with a discription were going to post them everywhere we can. Thank's to all who are keeping an eye out for me. Hope this never happens to any of you I sit here and get mad about it one min. & I'm crying the next this sucks big time. I know it wasn't no beauty queen but dangit I worked my ass off doing extra jobs and doing without to get the money to buy that truck just to have some low life take what wasn't there's. Going to get my other stuff from over there this coming weekend before they come back for it too. Thank's for listening!

mcdobson

Loc.
Sacramento
Check tow yards!!! Some of these guys are crooks. They will tow a vehicle they like ( especially one they see sitting a while that someone may not miss), hide it in there tow yard and then lean sell it to them selves. Ask me how I know.
Also thieves will call a tow company to tow "their" broken down car. Show a picture to the tow drivers.

Trucker_Eric

ignorant ass people. i tell ya, you gotta buy stuff and keep it in reach. i hope ya fine it man, its a nice lookin eb

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
been watching ebay.....don't think it would show up but you never know...

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Keep checking Craig's list also. I know some people who found their ATV that was stolen on Craig's list and was able to recover it.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I get pissed every time I hear about a car or truck getting stolen. I had a mustang stolen a couple years ago and it still chaps my ass. About once a month my boy ( Now 7 ) asks me when the "Red Car" is coming back. Damn I miss that car.

ky-resto

Check tow yards!!! Some of these guys are crooks. They will tow a vehicle they like ( especially one they see sitting a while that someone may not miss), hide it in there tow yard and then lean sell it to them selves. Ask me how I know.
Also thieves will call a tow company to tow "their" broken down car. Show a picture to the tow drivers.

Also check the repo companies- there are a lot of independents that could be storing it at their own homes. Check everywhere you can. Good luck

OX1

Bronco Guru
One of the neighbor's told the police they saw a truck over there, the officer said he think's he know's who the truck belong's to. He's going to go and talk with them said he would let me know what he find's out.

Thats sucks man, but it's more than likely someone you know or someone that at least knows your property. Sounds like nothing was visible back there, so that kind of limits it to people who have seen the bronc or seen your property.

OX1

Bronco Guru
There were 3 Other trucks back there. A 68 M715 a 72 chevy long bed truck & a 74 Bronco parts truck and an 80 model Buick car. That was the best one and the smallest of them I don't think they would have scraped it it was complete. You can tell by the pic it wasn't scrap.

In NJ, you have to have a title, or fill out a form with your drivers lisc/VIn etc.... saying you authorize them to scrap it. ANY yard would look at that and be immediately suspect of it (if their honest). Might be worth calling all the local scrap yards and let them know it was STOLEN. That way, even if it shows up for scrap and the yard owner ain't on the up and up, he might think twice before deciding to keep if for himself (resell it, etc...).

Tuck

i was pissed when just the GPS was stolen out of the Yukon. I can't imagine the EB getting stolen, & it's sitting in the driveway until I can finish the wiring.

Good argument for getting an AR-15 before it's too late...