• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Strg heim with 20+ deg angle

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Needing to find a source for strg heim on the pitman arm that will flex 25deg less the 8 degrees that the pitman arm will be angling to add up to that 25 total.

Here's what I've got

Attachments

• IMG_9194.jpg
    IMG_9194.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
There's a side shot at full droop... obviously it's under construction

Attachments

• IMG_9192.jpg
    IMG_9192.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 65

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
A 7/8" heim will flex 20 degrees from neutral, and a 3/4" heim will flex 26 degrees. You can put a slight bend in the drag link near the Pittman arm to give that heim a more neutral position. Are you running 7/8" heims?

Mark

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
GD....one ton, high pinion, long arms....you could rock crawl or KOH professionally with that when your done,
You and Mark are on a totally different level than we mere eb mortals...

Signed,
Jealuos/Impressed....

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Mark is right again! Thanks for pointing that out. 7/8"

I had the wrong spacers in it , The high misalignment spacers were sitting on my bench and I thought I had them in and I feel like a doofus but that's OK because now I can get back to work !! :)

Thanks for the compliment Bronconut73, definitely appreciated...

I've got another thread going on CB ...build thread ORI, 4 link...etc

Attachments

• IMG_8867.jpg
    IMG_8867.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8728.jpg
    IMG_8728.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 31

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Mark is right again! Thanks for pointing that out. 7/8"

I had the wrong spacers in it , The high misalignment spacers were sitting on my bench and I thought I had them in and I feel like a doofus but that's OK because now I can get back to work !! :)

Thanks for the compliment Bronconut73, definitely appreciated...

I've got another thread going on CB ...build thread ORI, 4 link...etc

👍 Well that was easy!

Mark

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
👍 Well that was easy!

Mark

I wish they were all that easy!...

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278607

I'm going slower than a snail's pace on my build as I'm well, S L O W but it's also because I'm trying to stuff the D60 in after narrowing it and creating many more clearance issues by actually lowering my current 3 1/2" lift w/ a D44 to a 2 1/2" lift with a D60 and having 6" of up travel with the D60 when I only had 4" with the 44...tight, tight...

Here's the difference between how (just received it today) a RuffStuff D60 cover hits my track bar but clears my stock cover... dang...my present to me won't fit...

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I wish they were all that easy!...

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278607

I'm going slower than a snail's pace on my build as I'm well, S L O W but it's also because I'm trying to stuff the D60 in after narrowing it and creating many more clearance issues by actually lowering my current 3 1/2" lift w/ a D44 to a 2 1/2" lift with a D60 and having 6" of up travel with the D60 when I only had 4" with the 44...tight, tight...

Here's the difference between how (just received it today) a RuffStuff D60 cover hits my track bar but clears my stock cover... dang...my present to me won't fit...

Back to stock

Attachments

• IMG_9188.jpg
    IMG_9188.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9187.jpg
    IMG_9187.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 22

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Notch the cover. In that location it could be a piece of "muffler moly" used for filler w/o sacrificing much of anything.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Not many options...can't buy or do anything on this project without it needing modification...