• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stroked 351W EFI Recommendations

DKBronco

I recently purchased a '72 for a new project. I plan to do a complete frame off build of this truck including a stroked 351W with a ZF transmission and Atlas transfer case. I am leaning toward EFI and wanted to get some input on the different options from the experts here - what EFI setup would you recommend? Any other engine specific recommendations for this build - upper, lower, heads, etc - would be appreciated, too!

Some additional info that may help - the plan is for a 2" body lift since everything under the hood will be a tight fit, but I would do a 1" lift if that was enough room for everything. Also, the truck will see more road miles than trail, but will also be used for moderate off roading.

Thoughts?

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
I did the Explorer E.F.I. with harness and computer reworked by EFIGuy. Garry got the tune on the 1st try. ran real good right out of the box. I was able to score a Lightning upper and lower of Craigslist after searching for months. 34lb motorsport injectors round out the package.
Go fuel injection, you won't regret it. runs amazing! Lightning stuff may not flow enough for the really big cubes though...

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
The Ford EFI works good after it is tuned - but LOTS of wires. I hope you have a local tuner - otherwise you are going to go with mail order. EFI Guy is good though-

Fi-Tech is another great option for simplicity and on the fly adjustability. Very clean install -

I'm going from EFI Guy tuned EEC-IV Foxbody injection to Fi-Tech so I can tune it on my own and monitor it easier.

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I recently purchased a '72 for a new project. I plan to do a complete frame off build of this truck including a stroked 351W with a ZF transmission and Atlas transfer case. I am leaning toward EFI and wanted to get some input on the different options from the experts here - what EFI setup would you recommend? Any other engine specific recommendations for this build - upper, lower, heads, etc - would be appreciated, too!

Some additional info that may help - the plan is for a 2" body lift since everything under the hood will be a tight fit, but I would do a 1" lift if that was enough room for everything. Also, the truck will see more road miles than trail, but will also be used for moderate off roading.

Thoughts?

The size of your stroker makes a huge impact on the injection parts to use.

68stang73

I have the Fitech system and it's on a stock 351w and it will be going on a 408 soon in my bronco. Easy set up.