• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Subwoofer Center Console or other places

OP
OP
Thunder26

Thunder26

Xray.JPG

Shaded.JPG

A design I came up with would hold a stereo and either 3 8" subs, or 1 sub and 2 passive radiators. The 3 8" subs would be louder overall but would be more expensive while using passive radiators should perform good for people with average expectations. Dimensions wise it is about 25" inches long 8.25" wide and while lifted 2" off the floor would be 14" to 15" high depending on pad thickness. I can determine a price over spring break when I try a prototype.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
The steel box doesnt ring at all. Its Line-X ed outside and fully deadened inside with a couple of layers if dynomat and polyfill...

The 1/8" is welded fully inside and out...it also is not square, but rather has a couple of extra 90s in it...very beefy.

Sound is great...but I am not trying to sell them either...too much work.

Nonetheless, I look forward to what you come up with...another sub in one of the rear quarters would be nice.

backpain

Bronco Guru
but here's where I'd really like to stew the pot. . . .

Check out various attached and link to Crutchfield. Tons of Jeep and other vehicle prefab'd sub enclosures, many already powered - we just need to figure out of any of them fit in the nooks and cranny's around the wheel wells of the EB. Granted, not usually as good sounding as custom designed and sometimes underpowered, but EASY at least . .

Also, how about bazookas doubling as rear seat armrests on top of the wheel wells? Enough room?

Here's link to Crutchfield, but many other retailers and manuf. out there - just have to spend a few days on the internet, get specs, and see a few in person. Who's up for all the work?

http://www.crutchfield.com/m_169550/Speaker-Subwoofer-Boxes.html?tp=16

Attachments

• h236FEN1T45-fp.jpg
    h236FEN1T45-fp.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 37
  • h236FEX1T45-fp.jpg
    h236FEX1T45-fp.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 33
  • h663XJPOD-o-mtp.jpg
    h663XJPOD-o-mtp.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 47
  • p204SCiXB07-f.jpeg
    p204SCiXB07-f.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 32

backpain

Bronco Guru
here's some 6x9 boxes for a Jeep that seem to have reliefs for main hoop of roll bar and cup holders

Attachments

• vdp-53101_w.jpg
    vdp-53101_w.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 25

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Do you need 8 inch?

Ive ridden in some cars that have 5 inch factory speakers in the doors and or panels that sounded really nice.

The VW monsoon radios are tremendous.

Also, have you considered the seats that have the small speakers inthe headrests?

Keep the ideas coming, its not easy to get a nice stereo in an EB.

Should be able to get some in the kick panels, with the enclosures actually outside the truck, under the fender.

You could just do like alot of the people do in the 'hood Ive been working in...
mount loudspeakers in front of the radiator and drive around making everyone listen to your crappy music. Which is better I guess than the bass music that rattles the trunk lid.

ned72

Loc.
Truckee
i thought about maybe tucking a 10" up under the dash so it is up out of the elements like when I do water crossings and stuff. there's a lot of room when theres no heater core up there

NavyBronco66

Loc.
San Antonio
On Overhaulin they used one of the older style gas can the red metal military type and cut a hole in to it and used it as a sub box its so the sub is hidden and looks like a gas can and no one will know. Below is a pic of what it looked like. They are buy it now on ebay for $20 so fairly cheep to. the amp can be mounted under the dash, in the can, under rear seat. to be able to hide it as well

Subgascan.jpg

cvbfireman

IMG_1481.jpg

thats with 2 12s and then you put the girls is the back and you dont have to listen to them gossip its awesome;D

OP
OP
Thunder26

Thunder26

Decided to just make custom stuff if asked the first console I make will be for 2 8's sealed in the center console downfiring with a headunit slot as well.