• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

suggestions anyone?

bigbadbronco

so my dad has a 1971 bronco sport. got the 302 in it. its in rough shape, and i need some help finding places for parts. i would love to have it ready for his and my moms 20th aniversary next year. any suggestions?

70_Steve

Old Guy
so my dad has a 1971 bronco sport. got the 302 in it. its in rough shape, and i need some help finding places for parts. i would love to have it ready for his and my moms 20th aniversary next year. any suggestions?
What do you have in mind? A shop to do the restoration, or are you planning on doing it yourself? Knowing where you are would be a help in making suggestions. Plus, for parts, any of the vendors shown on this page will have almost anything you would want.

Some datails about what you want to wind up with would help, too.

Oh, and almost forgot... Welcome to the site!!!

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Like Steve says, where are you located at? And do you want a shop to do your work, or are you going to do it yourself? Do you have an idea on what your budget might be?

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
This site and Craigslist are the best place to find used parts in your area. Shipping can be expensive if the parts are not local. All of the Vendors on this site are great. IF you are in Colorado - you are lucky to have Bronco Hut in Castle Rock.

That is a very nice gift to your parents. It may end up being one of the hardest things you ever give away :)

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
For just starting out you hit the jackpot right off the bat! This site will be your number one resource for any projects you want to do. As mentioned, look around this page and you will see advertising for almost ALL of the Bronco parts houses. If you are thinking about a project, use the search function near the top of the page and make sure you have something to eat, you will be reading for a while ;)

Another great source for your Bronco building needs are more localized Bronco specific groups. Here in California there is SoCalBoncos and NorCalBroncos. They are a couple of great networks for local resources, people in the know that may stop by on the weekend and lend a knowing hand. If you add you location in to your profile it will show up on the left hand side of your posts, that will help people here to suggest local help and suppliers for you with every post you make.

The one other thing I would suggest is for you to develope a plan for what you want to end up with by the aniversery deadline, then work towards the plan. You will need to know how your Father is planning to wheel/drive the Bronco to develope that plan.

Have a great project,

Dan

fatboy4211

Loc.
Ennis, TX
wanna be my kid? i could use one thats not self centered!
I have a few thing not much. suggest you post up what you want and all the brothers here will help you out.