• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Super Celebration 2011

Ratch

Contributor
It's looking like we'll make it up there this year. I've got a friend that has a cabin in Wears Valley so I'll need somewhere to park the car trailer at.

If your friend has his cabin listed with a rental agency, you could probably park it at their office. That is what we do when we rent cabins up there. If not, find a business with a large parking lot and just ask. Wife and I go up almost every summer with friends and trailer our dune buggies. Wears Valley is probably the best place to get a rental cabin.

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
We'll be there with "2" this year! WOO-HOO!
Wife's BII & my 72' which has not been on the road since 2007!
We are staying at KOA again great camping there and close. Anyone else staying there?

Donald - is the KOA good for the RV+trailer? Did Suzy get hers in there last year? If so we (Gary, me, Randy) should be able to get in and out OK. We haven't made camping reservations yet.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Super Celebration

We will be there again. This is a great event that is a "must" for anyone interested in Broncos.
I like the idea of name tags with CB username - maybe at least put something on your Bronco.
Maybe there will be something extra special for 45th Anniversary????

Attachments

• Super Celebration 2010 420.jpg
    Super Celebration 2010 420.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 13

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
My boy and I will be there again this year with our '73 LUBER. We would like to bring his '71 1/2 cab, but the restoration has not started (new front floor pans and paint), so it will have to wait till '12 it seems.

I actually made signs for all the GA attendees last year (see attached) with our CB.com handles on them and we displayed them on our windshields, but no one really took note of them....... maybe we will try again!

Attachments

• GEB_logo_SCsign2010_ben.jpg
    GEB_logo_SCsign2010_ben.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 28
  • GEB_logo_SCsign2010_brett.jpg
    GEB_logo_SCsign2010_brett.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 28
  • GEB_logo_SCsign2010 copy.jpg
    GEB_logo_SCsign2010 copy.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 25

KempEl

i guess i plan on going, gotta figure out which girl to bring, might be the same one as last year who knows! might bring her friends too, they looove broncos now. we need some games or something to pass the time along

L&D's Broncos

Camping for Super Celebration

Donald - is the KOA good for the RV+trailer? Did Suzy get hers in there last year? If so we (Gary, me, Randy) should be able to get in and out OK. We haven't made camping reservations yet.

Yes, Judy they have very nice accomodations we have been there for last 3 years. PM me or email, we should get our sites all together. They have like 22 pull through sites from 35-45 feet long w/ full hookup.

For any of you that are not campers but looking for something nice they also have camping cabins and camping lodges.

looking4eb

Loc.
Atlanta
Mac,

I love the signs, seems like those plus name tags would be cool. Count me in, just trying to decide whether to drive mine up or trailer it.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Looks like there will be at least 3 more Broncos there this year. I've got a place reserved and a place to park the trucks and trailers. I forgot a friend of Dad has a small ranch style place up there. And it's only 5 minutes from the cabin. So if nothing comes up we'll be there and looking forward to meeting everyone. Also I'd wear a silly name tag too.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Can someone make an iron on transfer with our screen name and real name? And make it to look like some sort of logo. I think something like that would look neat on a t shirt on the "pocket" area. And maybe Jon would let us add the classicbroncos.com logo into it.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
i'm gonna do my best to get my bronco roadworthy/trailworthy enough to bring it up. it won't be pretty but if i can thrash and get the parts together it should run hard.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
i'm gonna do my best to get my bronco roadworthy/trailworthy enough to bring it up. it won't be pretty but if i can thrash and get the parts together it should run hard.

Wish I was a little closer and we would have to have a weekend wrenching party. Maybe this will give you some motivation to get her together. And if you don't come on up and exchange stories.

L&D's Broncos

Show & Drive only no wheeeling

:D;D

I brought Frank's 2 years ago; maybe he can drive it this time. I've never wheeled WindRock, so it'd be a good opportunity.

We wheeled Windrock initially in 2006 & 2007 but since moving to Townsend it has become the driving part [ Hwy 129 "The Dragon" ] and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, and Saturday's Show in the field and no wheeling. Several local people with trail rigs bring them to show, but for the most part you see people with street only rigs or like many, they have the rock crawlers at home and bring out their street trucks for this event. All are welcome of course. So for those wrenching and planning, thinking of asphalt rather than rocks may help with your planning on having your rig ready to go.
Just a heads up! With this being the 45th year and economy somewhat better last years 103+ trucks should get beat by a mile.;)

:eek:

mavereq

Bronco Guru
Wish I was a little closer and we would have to have a weekend wrenching party. Maybe this will give you some motivation to get her together. And if you don't come on up and exchange stories.

i'm gonna bust my hump work-wise. i still have quite a few purchases to make though. the tub is up at jack's in fayetteville getting the floorboards, driver side striker post, v8 core support. i'm ordering my halfcab when i get back from traveling this week. this project still has a lot of nickle n dime stuff left as well as a few big purchases. hell, i don't even have wheels/tires for it yet. the plan is to get it on the road and get the bugs worked out. i'll worry about making it pretty later.