• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tailgate lock

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
brian, i machine the handle so that the the lock assembly is in it. with the machined slot in the base plate, when you turn it in the lock position, the lock arm engages into the plate , making the handle unable to pivot out to release the side latches.
it's pretty straight forward and bolts in in just a few minutes.
hth
nick

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
sounds great nick. let us know a price. i just replaced my entire handle assembly about a year ago, but...

another thing i did, i went to the hardware store and got flush mount stainless allen screws and put them in instead of the phillips. looks great and the heads won't strip as easy.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
ok guys. i've got it all figured out now~

for your BRAND NEW LOCKING TAILGATE LATCH:
120.00 shipped to your door.

Once again this set up is made with new aftermarket stainless reproductions. The lock is a weather rated with a stainless bezel & includes 2 keys.
Set up comes with 4 new stainless mounting screws.
This is a bolt in upgrade. takes just a few minutes.
I am taking pre-orders now that everything is worked out.
Please email me direct if you'd like to sign up: CasaDeChewy@charter.net
payments can be made by paypal, m/o, check or cash

thanks guys for all the support & interest
nick

NO GLUE FACTORY

Nice idea MnkyBiz and good job Nixtrix, MnkyBiz at work ;D

Attachments

• BLEH.JPG
    BLEH.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 43
  • MonkeyBusiness.jpg
    MonkeyBusiness.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 47

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
to answer a number of questions. yes pre payment will be required.
sorry about the confusion.
nick

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Come-one, Come-All!

Make sure that we support Nick here! This is a custom jobber he has fabbed just for us!!! The more we buy, the more likely that he will listen to our silly desires in the future!!!!

Hmmmm modular trailers with grills, margarita machines & Disco balls......Maybe I need my medicine now!!! ;D :eek:

MnkyBiz

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I don't know how I've missed this thread - OF COURSE I'm in!!! is there anything that you can't build?? This is a terrific add!

youdaman, Amigo!

wait...on second thought -- let's just have a giveaway and I'll get it for FREE! dooohhh....;D

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
tapout, thanks much for the compliments and support. i do try to do my best at this parts pimping gig. we're working hard to get the ground work laid to be able to possibly do this full time.
be good
nick

Tapout said:
Nick provides killer service. If you're looking for something like this, I'd totally recommed him. Class act fellow.

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
*****NEWS FLASH*****

I just got my locking unit in!!!!!

Installation photos coming up on Saturday!!!!

MnkyBiz

baby_blue

Loc.
Laramie, WY
MnkyBiz said:
*****NEWS FLASH*****

I just got my locking unit in!!!!!

Installation photos coming up on Saturday!!!!

MnkyBiz
MnkyBiz,
Do you have the pictures ready for us? I would like to see it installed.

Jerry