• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Talk to me folks

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Tito I am surprised your asking. My first thought was
"Ask her dummy, she has a lot in this also"
Read farther on and she gives you a good course of action
What are you waiting for?? Another pink deal??
TOFIC

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Well we have talked (as you can see), just trying to hash it all out and get some other feedback too, but yes hers does count the most, I guess I am trying to form my own opinion ;D ;D
My issue as Jocelyn has pointed out is that I am a sucker for a good deal whether I need it or not, as she has pointed out ;D

Apparently I have over-good-dealed myself ;D

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
I have learned that I "over good deal" myself to the extent of space I have to store things. Even if I make more room, put up more shelves, whatever, Its always full. Even after I do a good cleanup and toss stuff it still doesn't take long to pile up again. I think its just a desease we have to learn how to live with. Just find ways to store it all and make it work untill you get your new place. Then a year or 2 will go by and you'll be overflowing again.....Ah the viscious cycle that we bronco lovers endure. The only way I've been able to "cope" is to stop looking on CL or elsewhere for parts, and finish the projects I already have parts for.

69 Fl. Bronc

keep the beast and the pink one. sell everything else,buy land,house,ect. Build big a$$ shop and let the games begin.

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
Gotta keep the Beast since it's the only rig you will have that will fit your whole (future) family right? You have two kids now and a third on the way? Plus it's unique. If you don't get rid of a bunch of that stuff you will rue the day (month) you move. You will have to move it all. Stop looking at the auto trader and such publications and stop looking in the classifieds--unless for tools.

What's the Ranger? The truggy? I miss my '93 4.0L Ranger. Should have kept it and threw a solid axle under the front and some 35's and been done, but it didn't fit my growing family either, but that thing ran like a swiss watch. 140K miles and didn't burn a drop of oil.

Good luck. Personally, I could never deal with all that stuff. I'm bursting at the seems with a one Bronco, some decent tools and a few bins of spare parts.

But, if you keep it all, you could jam it ALL in your garage and threaten your boys with "time-out in the garage with the lights off" when they misbehave. That would scare the crap out of anybody and they'll straighten right up.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Gotta keep the Beast since it's the only rig you will have that will fit your whole (future) family right? You have two kids now and a third on the way? Plus it's unique. If you don't get rid of a bunch of that stuff you will rue the day (month) you move. You will have to move it all. Stop looking at the auto trader and such publications and stop looking in the classifieds--unless for tools.

What's the Ranger? The truggy? I miss my '93 4.0L Ranger. Should have kept it and threw a solid axle under the front and some 35's and been done, but it didn't fit my growing family either, but that thing ran like a swiss watch. 140K miles and didn't burn a drop of oil.

Good luck. Personally, I could never deal with all that stuff. I'm bursting at the seems with a one Bronco, some decent tools and a few bins of spare parts.

But, if you keep it all, you could jam it ALL in your garage and threaten your boys with "time-out in the garage with the lights off" when they misbehave. That would scare the crap out of anybody and they'll straighten right up.

Haha, I think they would actually enjoy it in there!!!
The Ranger is a I think 74 green uncut, unmolested, dream stocker that is kinda for sale by someone I know's folks. The Truggy is a future project, its a Bronco that will be pickup cab'd (rear corners will be brought up to the strikers and tailgate welded into the corners, then a top cut down to match the length with a tube bed, something that I could wheel hard. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• truggie2.jpg
    truggie2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 21

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
Cool, just a two seater then with some storage behind the seats? If you need some ideas, or want to be entertained by some photos, go to Stroid.com and look at some of the event photos. These are mud trucks to the max, but some of the rigs are very unique and some of those guys have some neat ideas.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
tito, does the 74 green, uncut, unmolested, look something like this???;D ;D ;D with C4, rebuilt 302, dealer a/c, top never removed. rear seat never removed, jack still in plastic bag???;D ;D

Attachments

• FSCN0623.JPG
    FSCN0623.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 26
  • FSCN0642.JPG
    FSCN0642.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 31
  • FSCN0627.JPG
    FSCN0627.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Haha, no but here it is...
You guys know I have zero self control dont you ;D ;D

Attachments

• shed3.jpg
    shed3.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Haha, no but here it is...
You guys know I have zero self control don't you ;D ;D

To be honest I did not think you knew the word let along could spell it! Or did Jocelyne type that for you?%) ;D ;D

Shawn

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Tito, now I see what you're all worked up about, that uncut is quite a find. I'll have to side with regshawn. You have to keep the beast, because only tito from the PNW has the 12" stretch Bronco. How would you replace that? Get the 69' & 76' finished to sell and buy that uncut 74, then it sounds like you'll have more room to start the truggy.

P.S. You'll never know how much stuff you have until you have to move.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I know on both accounts. The beast would be real tough to replace and one day will hold some lore in the PNW ;D . My folks took 3 24 footers to TN about 5 years ago, now they are looking to move back to Norcal, I am dreading that. I told them to light a match!!!

That green ranger is beautiful isnt it? I need to talk them into waiting a year on me, they arent in a hurry.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
It sure is, I'm coming up there in Sept. Where is it located? Just kidding. Hopefully that will work out for you. I'll just miss SOB, but 09' I'm there.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I'll be down that way in June. Buddy's wedding is somewhere down in L.A. I spent a lot of time down at Pepperdine visiting friends and went to church a few times there in Thous Oaks. I miss Cali a lot even though I lived in some ugly places (grew up in Bakersfield).

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
i dunno buddy ,, i think you just need to sell anything that is laying on the floor , or out in the yard . or in the neighbors yard . then step back and get a plan ,,, till then ,, i guess you can store it at my place .....

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Oh-No, the cats out of the bag, hopefully you'll be ready soon. Don't post any more pic's of it until you buy it. And oh yes, I've worked a lot in Bakersfield and I wouldn't wish that on any body.

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
Josh,

Buy that Ranger!!! Too nice to pass up.

Unload everything you're not attached to and keep the beast. Besides..if you sell the beast you'd have to change your signature! heh heh

Stock68

Keep the beast & pinky. Get rid of all the "deals". If you bought all that stuff only because it was a deal, then turn it and take the money. In other words, it doesn't sound like you got it all because you needed it, or even really wanted it, but rather because it was a deal. It reminds me of my older kids w/ those damn Pokemon cards. Buy the ranger if you want, but know that deals are out there if you are patient and wait for what you want. When I decided to finally actually buy a Bronco, it took almost a year and I had to go to Seattle. Remember, it isn't a "deal" unless you use it or sell and take the profit. On the other hand, you could do whatever the hell you want and i'm fine w/ that too.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
just let me buy the uncut 74 for a real nice price, and then cuz you help me out, good Karma will help you iron out the rest of your problem.

my problem is...I want to build Ugly into an all purpose nasty offroad brawler, but my wife wants it to be stock-ish. so I need a nice, straight uncut to build for her, before I can put Ugly on steroids.

see how easy that would be? I get a good project, you get good karma. it's win-win!;D