• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Talked the wife into a trip to the Oregon Coast this week. PNW!

Dirtroadjunkie

Wife’s been wanting to scout out the Oregon coast for quite a while now. Mid August has been on my radar to try and get there. I pitched the bait last week. “We should just up and go next week”, being the good husband that I am.... It took her a couple and then she was all for it. This morning over coffee while on the computer I said “hey look there’s a Bronco round up going on up there.” She smiled and said “you fu**er”
Hee haw! Going to make it to the North West Bronco Round Up!!

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Tell her to pack a sweatshirt!

This is the first year for my sweetie and I too.
I originally planned to be come to the event alone, but the more I talked about it, the more she wanted to come along.
We're bringing our kayaks, just in case she gets bored with Broncos.
I had to reserve last November to get a camp spot.
This is going to be great!

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Yep, good times there. Enjoy! Used to be many hundreds of Broncos there. Post some pics.

Kayaks can be rented there for those without them.

The Pacific NW can't be beat for 2 months out of the year, bonus year 3 months;D Bring light rain gear also%)

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We are headed up on Wed as well. Good tips on weather gear. We'll bring bikes, good to know we can rent kayaks too. Looking forward to the trip! Mark

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
No rain in the forecast for two weeks. Been in the high 70s and low of 60. Uust remember to take everyone back with you. No more room here 😃. Dry here until probably early October.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
No rain in the forecast for two weeks. Been in the high 70s and low of 60. Uust remember to take everyone back with you. No more room here ��. Dry here until probably early October.

HooooRay!
We're done with rain.
But I'm still bringing rain gear. And an awning.

Attachments

• 555.jpg
    555.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 104

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
blubuckaroo, where are you staying? My wife and I are up here too, always nice to meet up with another brother that I’ve had so many conversations with over the years! We’re at Jessie M Honeyman state park, #H412.

Mark

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
How do you go about getting one of those offroad permits. I'm like a magnet to the po po.

The Sportsman Warehouse in Florence, or any motorcycle/ATV dealer in the state can issue you one. Just have your driver’s license handy when you go in. Don’t forget the dune flag.

Mark

SHX669

Bronco Guru
I've been camping on the Oregon Coast for - well - since BEFORE they even started building Broncos - LOL . So I'll add something to the list of "essentials" for camping there -a "pop up canopy " the sturdier the better . Even if you're camping in a travel trailer you can set it up in front of your entry door or we always set one up over the picnic table and if you're camping in a nylon " summer " tent ---- ah -- just set it up under the "pop up" . It's not because it might rain or do the Oregon Mist thing but the early morning fog ,dew , mist , condensation can make things a little damp . It's surprising how much dryer things stay under a " pop up '

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Yep, good times there. Enjoy! Used to be many hundreds of Broncos there. Post some pics.

Kayaks can be rented there for those without them.

The Pacific NW can't be beat for 2 months out of the year, bonus year 3 months;D Bring light rain gear also%)
Are you going? Bring the cold weather or rain back with you please

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Very cool.. on my bucket list..

safe travels and lots of pics

Wife’s been wanting to scout out the Oregon coast for quite a while now. Mid August has been on my radar to try and get there. I pitched the bait last week. “We should just up and go next week”, being the good husband that I am.... It took her a couple and then she was all for it. This morning over coffee while on the computer I said “hey look there’s a Bronco round up going on up there.” She smiled and said “you fu**er”
Hee haw! Going to make it to the North West Bronco Round Up!!

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Are you going? Bring the cold weather or rain back with you please

Ha! We were there 5 weeks through July. Rained 1/2 the time and gray skies nearly the entire time. After 57 years of that shtuff, happy to be here now in the baking sun!;D

I do miss the NWBR though. Hopefully lots of pics get added here.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
blubuckaroo, where are you staying? My wife and I are up here too, always nice to meet up with another brother that I’ve had so many conversations with over the years! We’re at Jessie M Honeyman state park, #H412.

Mark
Mark, looking forward to some pics and a trip report.:cool:

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
It was like a dream! A huge Bronco only car show.
It was our first year, but we plan to come back.
Broncos everywhere you looked. Over 275 registered and lots of show-ups as well.
My favorite event was the "Bronco take-over." If you can imagine the Hells Angles taking over a small beach town, but Broncos instead. Parked bumper to bumper along all the streets.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1566140046411.jpg
    FB_IMG_1566140046411.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20190815_174215166.jpg
    IMG_20190815_174215166.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 68

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Blu, couldn't miss your Bronco with the kayaks! That's a cool rig. We won a Best Looking Horse trophy for our '68 Arcadian blue. Great time, nice cool weather. Very well run event. We plan to be back next year with the NORRA racer. mark

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Hey Blu, couldn't miss your Bronco with the kayaks! That's a cool rig. We won a Best Looking Horse trophy for our '68 Arcadian blue. Great time, nice cool weather. Very well run event. We plan to be back next year with the NORRA racer. mark

Thanks Mark.
I took the boats off and stored the camp trailer today, but really enjoyed all the attention from spectators.
My favorite event was "The Takeover." Constant engine rumbling and the street plugged with Broncos.
We were concerned that the shop owners might have been offended, but the ones we talked to made a lot more sales than normal.