• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Talked the wife into a trip to the Oregon Coast this week. PNW!

Bronco 4 life

Loc.
Yakima
Thanks Mark.
I took the boats off and stored the camp trailer today, but really enjoyed all the attention from spectators.
My favorite event was "The Takeover." Constant engine rumbling and the street plugged with Broncos.
We were concerned that the shop owners might have been offended, but the ones we talked to made a lot more sales than normal.

And I’m sure the locals were also happy to have all the Broncos out there to jumpstart their rigs hahaha;D

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
And I’m sure the locals were also happy to have all the Broncos out there to jumpstart their rigs hahaha;D

Yes, every morning we woke up to a nice rumble when rigs left the campground heading for the sand.
Apparently, the vendors in Florence enjoyed these type of get-togethers, since they make more money on rooms, food, and merchandise.

We felt comfortable leaving our Bronco unlocked since most of the Broncos there were topless anyway.

One funny thing about the Main Street Takeover was that you were asked to leave your Bronco out of gear so the cars could be pushed for and aft to get more Broncos parked there.
They really stacked them up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdo...mBuSWZwR-y1RHfc8ZCe58rq2_obxbq5dSDIJ5l-cpn5OU

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Seemed to me all the locals we interacted with were excited to have us there. Good for business, a good clean crowd and they seemed to enjoy having the Broncos in town. Bay Street was packed when we got there so we parked in the municipal lot a few blocks down the street. Unless they could levitate I suspect a few folks spent longer than they'd planned!

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
We're in #B-68.
Mark

Well, sorry I never got a chance to come by. Seems like I was being pulled in all different directions between the wife, my SoCal buddies, and all the people I met last year. This is a great social event, I could’ve used 5 more nights around the campfire. Just not enough time for everything and everyone I was hoping to meet.

Mark

Bronco 4 life

Loc.
Yakima
Wife’s been wanting to scout out the Oregon coast for quite a while now. Mid August has been on my radar to try and get there. I pitched the bait last week. “We should just up and go next week”, being the good husband that I am.... It took her a couple and then she was all for it. This morning over coffee while on the computer I said “hey look there’s a Bronco round up going on up there.” She smiled and said “you fu**er”
Hee haw! Going to make it to the North West Bronco Round Up!!

By chance were you guys staying at the driftwood?

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Well, sorry I never got a chance to come by. Seems like I was being pulled in all different directions between the wife, my SoCal buddies, and all the people I met last year. This is a great social event, I could’ve used 5 more nights around the campfire. Just not enough time for everything and everyone I was hoping to meet.

Mark

No sweat.
We were out kayaking a lot anyway.
Let's make a plan next year.

Attachments

• ez.jpg
    ez.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 34

NAK

We made the drive from Vancouver island bc. Won the saddle sore trophy for furthest miles driven. Awesome group of broncos, but even better, we’re the people and organizers. Hats off to all that showed! Every time I think of the dunes this crazy shite eating grin appears. My wife keeps asking why I’m smiling and I keep saying. “what a blast on the dunes and the beach!
Nick