• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Team CAGE Offroad Products rework 08'

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
Doing some mods to the truck. Biggest thing is getting rid of the chunkyness of the upper cage. I made it very strait and square for strength reasons after a bad flop a few years ago which left me in the er. Next I am lowering the line of sight over the hood. I raised the seat by 3" and lowered the grill by 4". This should seriously improve my line of sight.
Here is how we started.
broncoalmostfinished005.jpg

Here is what we did.
08rebuild015.jpg

I am looking for a used flat fiberglass hood if anyone has one. Cracked/broken is OK.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Lou - Looking good. The windshield slope looks a lot better and I like the treatment of the front as well.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Great job Lou, I like the extra plates on the corners.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice job Lou!...it never ends does it?;D When ya gonna put a 400 in that thing?

GRN_MEANIE

Sweet....By the way thanks for not takin' my Bronco away from me the other weekend!

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Lou,
Do you need any of your fiberglass painted? Let me know I know a good painter :)

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Are you going to radius the rocktop around that new curve in the top of the windshield?

I like the new look, and nice use of the dimple dies.

I'd like to borrow your idea of plating the top of the A pillar for skid control. Did you section a piece of tubing, or heat & bend a small piece of sheet to do that?

OP
OP
Broncoloupy

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
I am going to get a piece rolled or broken/segmented for the front radius,it will be separate. For the skids I bent a matching 2" tube and cut it in half to go over the 1 3/4" tube and welded in. I have a friend with a new set of D Dies and he was dying to use them. It worked out pretty nice. I have to resist my HACK tendencies and take my time finishing up. I have always been a form over function kind of guy. I am tryin to bring a little bit of "sexy" back to the rig since it no longer has it's original curb appeal;D

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I've been thinking of removing the HACK title I placed on Lou several years ago and when this year rework is all said and done I may just have to do that! :eek:

I've been dropping by on the way home the last several weeks and it has been shaping up quite nicely! Since my junk is still in pieces I can't wait to borrow it again! ;D

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've been thinking of removing the HACK title I placed on Lou several years ago and when this year rework is all said and done I may just have to do that! :eek:

Lou, this is where you say: "Uh..gee..thanks?..I think?...er..hey!!"

OP
OP
Broncoloupy

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
Drew's post is supposed to mean ALOT coming from a "PILLAR" of the Bronco community:eek:

Pillar could also be a phallic symbol, those who have met min can choose their reference.;D

Broncitis

MEB Founder

Last week when I told Lou that It was looking so good I might have to retract the HACK title I think I saw him blush! :-[ :eek: ;D

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
What I'm mostly impressed about Lou is he's posting pictures. I remember a time he would hardly write a paragraph. ;D