• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Team CAGE Offroad Products rework 08'

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Well ... how was it ?

did all the hard work pay off or do you need to change something else?

Nice pics !

howiebilt

OP
OP
Broncoloupy

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
I did not change any suspension stuff. It would not climb so good yesterday but I was w/o my red labels:cry: . I was worried about the taurus fan pulling outward when at speed. We went for a ride around the park and it seemed to work fine,definitely better than the flex fan I had. The line of sight was way better than ever. Most of the work I did this year was little things that no one would know if I didn't tell them. Overall I am very happy with it. I hope to have the glass work done and paint in the next 2 weeks;D

I am much happier with the overall look now;D

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I hope to have the glass work done and paint in the next 2 weeks;D

I am much happier with the overall look now;D

What color? Lou, I still have a dab of that "salmon" color (pink??) on the Kayline frame you sold me. Could get it matched if you want . . . :cool:

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Where did you get the glass at ? I have always heard that the Taurus fans work very well but they draw huge amps and can really drain the charging system . I'm glad to hear that the changes you made are working for you ... looking forward to watching a Bronco kick ass at the WErock comp in April !!!

howiebilt

OP
OP
Broncoloupy

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
I got the glass at a show in Carlisle for $400 for all but the hood and Grill. Will never find a deal like that again. I hear Twisted Customs will be out with Bronco skins before too long(do not call before they release them).
http://www.powerproracingproducts.com/ these guys make some skins I think.

I forgot to mention, the only GM part on my truck(alt) is not quite up to the task of running the fan on high, and using the winch. I will be doing the 3g thing before long. I ran on low all day w/o issue. I am sure I will need high come summer.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
It would not climb so good yesterday but I was w/o my red labels:cry:

Complain, complain, complain %) I guess you should have run your tires then and not took my SX's to shred! ;) That's right, I HAVE seen you drive! ;D

At least you had your BFGs on the front for when you did your front "digs" with the cutting brakes! :eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncoloupy

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
I changes to your SXs on the front ;<)

The Blazer was a guy I met doing some work for. He is a mud guy with lots o cash and has no interest in regular trailriding. Low down dirty shame! Did I spy a new towrig Bill?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I changes to your SXs on the front ;<)

The Blazer was a guy I met doing some work for. He is a mud guy with lots o cash and has no interest in regular trailriding. Low down dirty shame! Did I spy a new towrig Bill?

Oh, I looked at the pic again and see you had all 4 SX's on there, thanks for making sure you wear them out all evenly for me, I'd hate to just have to buy two cause two still had some useable tread remaining! ;D

Hell, it does not matter accoring to Bill anyway. If he's right they will be dry rotted by the time my junk is running again! :eek: :cry:

OP
OP
Broncoloupy

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
rework08021.jpg

rework08022.jpg

rework08023.jpg

Been slammed at work and stuff at the house has been no easier. Thank goodness for MEB members Drew P and Alan F for pulling me out of the hole so I can compete this weekend:p Just picked up the body panels from Alan's work this afternoon and put them on(thanks again Alan). Wish me luck in MO. See you soon Howie...........

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
How well did the panels match to the hood? Drive safe and good luck! Don't scrape the panels on anything :)

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
That looks fricken awesome, but I don't see much(if any) Cage stuff on your rig, looks all custom fabricated.

So I bet I have more Cage stuff on my rig, hehe

Good luck in MO ;D

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Muuuum, two tone trim-sexy-Good luck at the comp. Save some for the trip down to NC for the Uhwarie redneck fest. We need someone we know-and who drives an eb to pull for :)
KB