• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ted Nugent 1966 HalfCab Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
buildabronco.com

buildabronco.com

Loc.
Tekonsha, Mi
Jake, Im not gonna lie. I was thinking almost the same thing too. I wanted to suggest camo but thought that would be obvious and overdone. A desert theme would work great as this will probably end up in Texas on his ranch. Not that Texas is anything like a desert but would fit better than up here in the great white north. I would love to see a military theme also. Something simple but a tough, bad ass MOFO. Ready for anything.

Ratch

Contributor
Jake, Im not gonna lie. I was thinking almost the same thing too. I wanted to suggest camo but thought that would be obvious and overdone. A desert theme would work great as this will probably end up in Texas on his ranch. Not that Texas is anything like a desert but would fit better than up here in the great white north. I would love to see a military theme also. Something simple but a tough, bad ass MOFO. Ready for anything.

How about a flat (non gloss or semi gloss) ACU type digital camo? Maybe with a flat sand top. If it ends up on his ranch it would be perfect. All black would be miserable in the Texas heat. I also like the idea of subdued flags below the bronco emblems.
Somehow I think simple is better for a work truck, 200/250 I6, top loader 4sp or np435. Probably wont need an o.d. trans on the ranch roads and game trails. It has always been uncut, and should stay that way, but I like the idea of full width D44/9 air lockers front and rear with 33X10.5s on flat black wheels. bead locks?
I am thinking hes got a big ranch so needs to be self sufficient. Dual jerry can rack and spare of course. Half cab cage for safety. Maybe an expedition style roof rack. for the lighter gear. Fold down Brush guard to haul the yummy venison back to camp. Cradle mount winch in case you have to pull backwards. Shovel, pick and axe mounted to inside sides of bed. Lockable bed storage for the guns and ammo if he has to go to town. Running out of room, maybe a 12'' stretch and a stock 351 for power instead? Oh, and keep the exhaust as quiet as possible, don't want to scare off supper.;D

That other place built him a nice ride, but his half cab has always been no frills. O.k, maybe a/c (it gets frickin' hot in Texas).

Last edited:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I like the idea of the big six and C4. It's retro but still kind of unique (may be a handful out there) because Ford never put them togther in an early Bronco. Take a look at casadejohnson's similar drivetrain thread: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176298.

Digital camo paint would be really cool but I can't imagine how many hours it would take to do it.

Ratch

Contributor
I like the idea of the big six and C4. It's retro but still kind of unique (may be a handful out there) because Ford never put them togther in an early Bronco. Take a look at casadejohnson's similar drivetrain thread: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176298.

Digital camo paint would be really cool but I can't imagine how many hours it would take to do it.

You could do a wrap, but it would probably end up glossy. I have seen painters do it with layers of vinyl stencils, cut out on a kinda printer they make signs with.

gbkeith

Loc.
Lubbock, Texas
How about a 300 I-6 and a stretch to give it more cargo and trailer capacity? Narrowed Dana 60'r front and rear. That's a work horse.

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I am interested to see what ya'll actually end up doing on this build. I know it is going to be good.......

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
Since he like racks on his rigs and will use it I think a custom half cab rack would be bitchin. Something like PSC did with his wifs rig.

29gmzvs.jpg

2h37ype.jpg

2wq4fu1.jpg

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Well I am sure everyone here is thinking it but no one said it... be sure to tell Uncle Ted about this site. Would be bad ass if he would drop in and say YO!:eek:

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
300 I6 and NP435. PTO with hydraulic pump for tools. Half cab and fab a metal bedliner with hydraulics that dumps. Rear dualies with modified F100 rear fenders to cover the outer wheels. Bigass airhorns . . . OK maybe the airhorns are over the top. ;D

OP
OP
buildabronco.com

buildabronco.com

Loc.
Tekonsha, Mi
First round of pics I have.

Attachments

• IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_2053.jpg
    IMG_2053.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_2050.jpg
    IMG_2050.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_2051.jpg
    IMG_2051.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_2059.jpg
    IMG_2059.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_2060.jpg
    IMG_2060.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_2061.jpg
    IMG_2061.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_2062.jpg
    IMG_2062.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 298

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I vote for an IKON type build, especially if you go desert tan!

Curious with the nuge though - seems like he's always getting shops to "sponsor" his builds. JBG did the last one, why not again? Sounds like a number of shops touched the zebra bronco before it got finished. Seems like the nuge is a smart fella getting different shops to build his trucks ;)

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
What I would like to see on Uncle Ted's U14 would be a simple and clean uncut bronco. 31s or 32s on stock size rims. Tires need to be thorn proof and rims semi flat black. I would keep a semi or flat paint, love the idea of ACU or ABU military paint job. He really appreciates the guys, like me, that are ion the military. He also loves to hunt! Watch any one of his episodes and you will get stoked! I've even picked up some of his "Nugisms"! Listen how he honors a fallen buck, its a hoot. Since it will kept at his farm in Texas, it will need a brush guard with winch, also in back too. Have a rack made for the back that can carry two deer. Also have seperate family roll bar in cab and tub so he can use the 1/2 cab. And it will need lights to look for deer when sun goes down. The bronco must be extremely quite, good luck figuring that one out! Keep this bad boy simple but stealth! Just my 0.02 cents!

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
why not do something thats never been done before
Cut the sucker in half, widen the body 3-4 inches, and also widen the wheel wells. That way you can fit some wide tires inside the still uncut bronco. it will allmost look stock, but have a mean stance

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
efi, and black with a wrap that can be easily changed from time to time,, maybe camo black gray and white in the shape of a guitar on the sides.. .so big that it doesnt really look like a guitar shape unless you are told so..or maybe a arrow with feathers on the tail end.. for a stripe.. man it is hard to explain a vision in ones thoughts.. auto trans with floor shift that looks like a microphone or a gun handle.. booommm.. interior can have all kinds of things that reflect teds hobbies and life style.. done tastefully that is..

maybe black with a copper stripe and a copper head snake logo.. .. hmm..

bottom area should be black bed liner to stand up to rocks and brush.. bumper with a wench.. lol.. ok i need to stop adding to this..

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I agree with Scoop, 300 with a np....koenig winch, maybe front and one in the bed. Make it old school with new technology......I wan Ted to adopt me....TED,WHITE and BLUE baby!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.