• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ted Nugent 1966 HalfCab Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
I am concerned that nobody has brought up the idea of having Mr. Nugent run for president in 2012. I for one would love for the presidential vehicle to be known as Bronco One. Priorities people...priorities.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.... Unfortunatly, the country wouldnt be able to handle his honesty and direct decisiveness... I've always been a fan. But have gained an all new appreciation for him after reading Ted White and Blue... Excellent read..

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Do one of the vendors sell the cut uncut look or are all of them fabbed from uncut fenders

Ratch

Contributor
I am concerned that nobody has brought up the idea of having Mr. Nugent run for president in 2012. I for one would love for the presidential vehicle to be known as Bronco One. Priorities people...priorities.

He has got MY vote!!;D

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
I really like that look... Although I've seen many pic's of Bax's truck, I never got a clear vision of how it was done until I saw your pic #2.. Very cool..

My idea of cut, but uncut looks something like this... Not mine either, but very nice..

are those rear flares custom or does a vendor on here sell them like that. looks really nice and clean:cool:

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
Cool ideas; glad to hear that it's staying uncut.

If you do a flag under the emblem, remember that the right side should be reversed.

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
are those rear flares custom or does a vendor on here sell them like that. looks really nice and clean:cool:

The pic's I posted are some that I've gathered for reference.. They are typical of front cut outs welded into the rear quarters.. Its my favorite look..

ghost66

Bronco Guru
I've seen a few of them as well and like the look also but uncut is my favorite

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
The pic's I posted are some that I've gathered for reference.. They are typical of front cut outs welded into the rear quarters.. Its my favorite look..

thats really nice do u have more pics of it or the build? really like the looks

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
thats really nice do u have more pics of it or the build? really like the looks

Here's a thread I started a while back looking for input.. rbodine has one pic in that thread.. Wyflyer has this thread with several links on his... Good detail in that one...

Havent gotten to the back half of mine yet, but hopefully, one day, I'll be able to show off my own...

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Here's a thread I started a while back looking for input.. rbodine has one pic in that thread.. Wyflyer has this thread with several links on his... Good detail in that one...

Havent gotten to the back half of mine yet, but hopefully, one day, I'll be able to show off my own...

sweet thanks

bosshoff

Contributor
K.i.s.s.s.

a 250 i6 with classicinlines aluminum head and a c4 behind it would be cool.

I think Mavereq has it right. Make it a sleeper. Put a hopped up I6 and then just do a frame off. Avoid all of the "pimp my ride bs". The "Keep It Simple Stupid Sleeper."

mavereq

Bronco Guru
Didn't think so but never hurts to ask, I really like that look better than fender flares

I hope dynacorn offers that option on their new tub. If they do, the quarters might become available.

OP
OP
buildabronco.com

buildabronco.com

Loc.
Tekonsha, Mi
Getting started tomorrow. Pulling the body off and disassembly. ;D

Attachments

• 188552_1638190677404_1315880591_31404293_8221110_n.jpg
    188552_1638190677404_1315880591_31404293_8221110_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 129

BIGMH1

I've always toyed with the idea of turbo charging a I-6 for my uncut 66 u13. It would be great to have the boost on the highway. As far as the uncut fenders, I would find some factory 16x5.5's and run the tallest skinny military tires I could round up.
But like everyone else, keep it retro as possible. NP435, 44, 9", 5.5" and don't forget the retro hubcaps to keep it cool. Like the idea's of the camo wrap also. Great idea's

OP
OP
buildabronco.com

buildabronco.com

Loc.
Tekonsha, Mi
Pulling the body off today. Big Jim is here to film a few short clips for the show.

Attachments

• IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2126.jpg
    IMG_2126.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.