• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Terrible day in the office!

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
Pretty spectacular scenery. It appeared to be some “liquid” sunshine there. Lol

Randy

gnpenning

Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Been looking at some of the pics and video this morning. Even as remote and barren as it is, there’s some pretty spectacular scenery. Now I’m thinking that I could drive on those…well, at least SOME of them.
Starting to plan a road trip. Getting the wife on board may take some time. lol 😂

Randy
Randy, Moab can be as easy as or as hard as you want to make it. Many options to match a driver and vehicle. It's not all straight up and down trails. Been with some stock vehicles that do amazing with novice drivers that start out nervous and quickly find the have this. Never let anyone talk you into something you are uncomfortable with. The scenery is spectacular.

I worry more about the summer heat than anything. I love going in the winter. Most trails will have little to no snow depending on the year. Moisture in the sand makes a big difference.

I haven't watched the video but the San Rafael swell is beautiful as well. The Grand staircase area is also beautiful. Plenty of options for you.

BTW, most obstacles are short and if the wife is nervous let her walk around it. Won't be long before she will be riding the whole way.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I miss those days before moving back here to retire in Michigan. Most of my wheeling and trail riding out there was back in the Kodachrome days. Need to dig into the slides and convert some to digital. My 73 sport was about 8 years old when I bought it from a coworker.

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I miss those days before moving back here to retire in Michigan. Most of my wheeling and trail riding out there was back in the Kodachrome days. Need to dig into the slides and convert some to digital. My 73 sport was about 8 years old when I bought it from a coworker.
spending some time at Kodachrome is in my future, its nearer the top of my list :)

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Took pretty much slides back in the film days, mostly Ektachrome. Even did some bulk loading for a while. Recently needed to get digital off some slides on short notice and found I could get decent results off the cellphone. Set a white background down with a led light for illumination. Did it by hand bracing both phone and slide. Using a set of close up lenses on a camera was worse than the phone. Had to zoom the phone some but didn’t seem to hurt quality much.

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Took pretty much slides back in the film days, mostly Ektachrome. Even did some bulk loading for a while. Recently needed to get digital off some slides on short notice and found I could get decent results off the cellphone. Set a white background down with a led light for illumination. Did it by hand bracing both phone and slide. Using a set of close up lenses on a camera was worse than the phone. Had to zoom the phone some but didn’t seem to hurt quality much.
you fella's were on film, and I was on Kodachrome Basin State Park 😂 😂 😂