• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"The Beast" - Explorer 5.0/ZF/NP203/NP205 is ALIVE!

broncokak

Bronco Guru
How long is your rear drive shaft? I have the ZF and a D20 but I didn't think a 203 would fit in there???

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
My rear is 34.5" basically stock, the front is 38".
Its kinda handy, the rear is basically stock EB and the front is a stock rear shaft from a 78-79 Bronco with 1310's.

I am stretched an extra foot body and frame to help fit it all in there.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
My rear is 34.5" basically stock, the front is 38".
Its kinda handy, the rear is basically stock EB and the front is a stock rear shaft from a 78-79 Bronco with 1310's.

I am stretched an extra foot body and frame to help fit it all in there.

If you need any photos or measurements I can go out and get the for you!;D

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Tito;1267680} I am stretched an extra foot body and frame to help fit it all in there.[/QUOTE said:
Ah, that makes sense. Nice combo and some really low gears. I really like my ZF. I just help a friend put a AOD/203/D20 in his and that is going to work nice.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Ah, that makes sense. Nice combo and some really low gears. I really like my ZF. I just help a friend put a AOD/203/D20 in his and that is going to work nice.

Cool. I like the zf, honestly its not too costly of an upgrade especially if you stick with the 205, but at least the D20 adapter isnt too bad. I would like to do the 3550 swap but its over 2k with the adpaters, etc. Thats a lot of dough.

I still have the 4r70w from the explorer motor I put in mine, I am hoping to put it in my wife's Bronco next winter.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
That is why I went with the ZF, inexpensive! I had the 3 speed so it was an easy swap. Less then $1000.00 total including new clutch, pressure plate and driveshafts. I think I paid like $250 for the adapter. So far it has worked really well.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Alright, now that the fam is expanding (number 4 on the way) and had #3 last year I am definitely needing that 12" stretch. I am working on putting in a second back seat. I was just going to chop the wheel wells and put a wider bench in, well now that wont work anyways so its a second seat in there. No more room for parts/etc in the back, need to work on a Jamboree rack next. Anyways, I need to weld in the seat bars but I fishmouth'd them and put them in, they fit well. I need to decide on how to secure the seats down to them. I was thinking some unistrut but honestly I probably wont move the seats around, only remove one if needed. I will probably just get some angle and weld it to the side and drill my holes for the seat mounts and the baby seat latches.
I thought about putting bungs into the seat channels but not sure if I can get my hands on some of those before Big Bear next weekend.

Attachments

• sixseater1.jpg
    sixseater1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 168
  • sixseater3.jpg
    sixseater3.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 137
  • sixseater4.jpg
    sixseater4.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 130
  • sixseater.jpg
    sixseater.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 122

bigjhoov

nobody
What the hell ya'll got in the water out there? You need to keep that thing in it's sheath.

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
Tito! Bad ass BIG 10 INCH!!! I love it ! do me a favor and inspect those welds on the frame. im not sure of the quality from the pic.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
That is pretty freakin cool Mr. President....

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Tito! Bad ass BIG 10 INCH!!! I love it ! do me a favor and inspect those welds on the frame. im not sure of the quality from the pic.

Actually the first welds that I thought were the joint and posted pics of were actually where the old spring hangers were cut off :-X :-X The welded section is actually very well done and plated, not sure why they didnt clean the rest up %)
The Bronco was a mud runner before I got it and took some decent abuse and I have definitely gave it some twisting and contorting, everything looks good still. Who'd have known I would have needed the extra 12" for 2 more kids...not wheelbase!!!! Hahahaa :D ;D :cool:

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Congratulations. Good to hear your doing your part to keep the family unit alive and well in America
Best to you and yours,
Robert

Hey bud, hope things are going well your way, I am sure the girls are getting huge! Its amazing how fast they grow. Hoping to take a vacation your way with the family next summer, I'll let you know, we'll have to meet up again.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Congrats on #4 Tito. Do you think it will be another boy?

Its a girl, due in October. I said, "Hey hon, now you have someone to pass the pink Bronco down to" She said "Hell no, she can get her own."

I can sense the female superiority battle already blazing and she isnt even born yet!!! The wife isnt much of a sharer...I see fun times ahead just sitting back and watching cause I sure as hell am not going to get in the middle!!! :-* ;D

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
Congratulations Tito, 4 is definately a hand full, but a whole lot of fun.

also, congratulations on the first EB Bus!!! All you need is the retractable stop sign. ;D