• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Green Acres '68 U13 *Elite Marti 8/24/19*

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
You already got the hard part found, the rest is downhill...
It was great to finally meet you this year, and congrats on the win this weekend!
Terry

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
You already got the hard part found, the rest is downhill...
It was great to finally meet you this year, and congrats on the win this weekend!
Terry

Thank you Terry, great to finally meet and chat. Love your U13!

Thank you all for the kind words!

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
Really cool, Jimmy. As an old Green Acres fan, I was partial to Mr. Haney, played by Pat Buttrum of Winston Co AL. Wonder if his local family has any old photos from the show.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Really cool, Jimmy. As an old Green Acres fan, I was partial to Mr. Haney, played by Pat Buttrum of Winston Co AL. Wonder if his local family has any old photos from the show.

Okay, this is where it gets interesting....

We purchased the Bronco in Double Springs, which is also in Winston County. I didn't know Pat was also from there. I'm not so sure that's just a coincidence ?:?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco

We purchased the Bronco in Double Springs, which is also in Winston County. I didn't know Pat was also from there. I'm not so sure that's just a coincidence ?:?

This is interesting to say the least.;)

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
This deal is sounding more and more like the similarities between Lincoln and Kennedy :).

Looking forward to seeing it someday!

Todd Z.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Some things are just meant to be!

So last Monday we picked the Bronco up, got it home and talked about what we needed for it. Obviously it needed paint, etc. But it was missing two very critical components that are extremely hard to find. One, it needed the '68 only Roadster mirror, and two I wanted OEM inserts for it.

We had a '68 mirror reserved for Dad's Peacock Blue '68 and a set of inserts as well, but he bought them for his and I wasn't about to take them!

Tuesday afternoon we arrive in Townsend for Super Celebration, and after getting unloaded we had both worked up an appetite! We take a short drive to a little cafe in Townsend, and I decide to do my usual eBay parts check after being seated. What I saw blew my mind, an NOS '68 Roadster mirror! Listed just one hour before I sat down to eat! Obviously I bid on it, and today the auction ended with me as the high bidder!

Wednesday rolls around, and I am walking around looking at parts. I see a set of red inserts on a trailer for sale that look very well made. Smooth backside from pressure forming, check! Countersunk holes, check! Stamped backing plates, check! Can this really be happening? Sure enough, they are OEM and I strike up a deal on them!

If I was ever meant to have a Bronco, it was this one!

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1709.jpg
    IMG_1709.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 111

fordfan

Bronco Guru
I haven't officially posted on your thread Jimmy, but I have been keeping up with it. We talked about it at the SC, but there is one thing that you messed up on..... You definitely should have a bought a lottery ticket with whatever cash you had left!!! The stars don't align very often to smile on you that much!!! Just think.... You could have won billions!!!!!:eek:

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I haven't officially posted on your thread Jimmy, but I have been keeping up with it. We talked about it at the SC, but there is one thing that you messed up on..... You definitely should have a bought a lottery ticket with whatever cash you had left!!! The stars don't align very often to smile on you that much!!! Just think.... You could have won billions!!!!!:eek:

Thats just it Dennis, talking about whatever I had left, at this point I'm lucky if I can buy a McDouble! ;D

Seriously though, I don't know why but everything fell into place on it. Even the day we got it. I was originally scheduled to work that day and be off Tues-Sun. But I decided to just take Monday off and give myself extra time to get ready for Townsend. Worked out perfect because the owner was going to be out of town Saturday and Sunday.

It rained a big part of the way there to get it, but stopped right before we got to his house and didn't start again until after it was loaded.

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals

Let me know if want to dig in The Free State of Winston. I know some folks there.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
It was meant to be!!! where have I heard that before...LOL ;D
I'm as excited over you finding this bronco as I was finding the consecutive vin roadster.
Keep us posted on the updates.
P.S.
It was mentioned at SC, I should give you my Mr. Kimble hat. Haha!

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Let me know if want to dig in The Free State of Winston. I know some folks there.

I will definitely be digging. I plan to start with the family of the lawyer who I know owned it for a long time. He had a money order receipt made out to Jeff's from 1992, and another from 1994.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I will definitely be digging. I plan to start with the family of the lawyer who I know owned it for a long time. He had a money order receipt made out to Jeff's from 1992, and another from 1994.

Good luck sir...

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
The mirror arrived today, and I'm happy with it! Hardware was included, and we now have another instruction sheet as well!

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpg
    IMG_1716.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1718.jpg
    IMG_1718.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 103