• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thinking about getting a Bronco tattoo, what do y'all think?

partsflyin

Banjo's
100_0143.jpg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Oh fine, I'll post to both threads.. lol ;)

Attachments

• TAT.jpg
    TAT.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
4x4babygirl

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
yeah,.....my sister fell in love with Fla. Kept saying thats where she was headed when she could retire. Sooooo she got herself a Tat of a pink Flamingo on her ankle to remind her of the place she loved it sooooomuch.

Well now she hates the place.

You think I'll ever hate Broncos?

"Because you're a girl" is NOT a legitimate reason! And I have tattooS and BroncoS. ;)

BigO

I would somehow incorporate the Bronco vehicle into the tatoo, but that's just me. Maybe have a Bronco (horse) in the drivers seat driving a Bronco (vehicle), with the Tenn flag on a C.B. anttenna.

Jfly13

Loc.
Lockwood, Mo.
When I got mine it was for the loss of a loved one, so I know that when I am 60 or 70 it will still mean just as much to me as it did the day I got it. So before you get it just try and picture self in the future, 10, 20 ,30 yrs out and make sure you would still like to see it every morning in the mirror.

Project_bronco

Loc.
Cottonwood, CA
Personally, I'm not a fan of tattoos. Especially as people age. My great Uncle was in the Navy and got a few tattoos, now he's in his late 70s and his ship's anchor which once looked like this --) now looks like this --(
Just a reminder, that SNL movie that Dave posted has some truth to it. Sagging and wrinkling and tattoos don't mix. So, unless you're Joan Rivers and keep having plastic surgery, tattoos will look like crap later on.

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
Tattoos are one of the most ancient forms of art and self expression - and with that phrase - self expression - what the rest of us think either pro or con is not that important. If it's meaningful enough for you - that's good enough for me.

Bilgamesh

Loc.
Pilot Point, TX
When I want to look at a woman's skin, I look at my cute wife. When I want to look at a Bronco, I go out into the garage. I like my Bronco; I love my wife; I would not want to indelibly plaster any part of it on her lovely skin, wrinkled or not. Don't do it 4X4babygirl!

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
I've been contemplating one for a while. Thinking of a cartoon-like bronco, Thom Cheney style, like some of the SOB t-Shirts, on my sholder.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
tattoos are fine...but that tattoo does not tell me, the person looking at your arm, what it signifies. Maybe a bronco sport type emblem...

Indybronco

Loc.
Twentynine Palms, CA
All tattoos will eventually look like crap. I say consider that first. I agree with the expression of art but keep in mind that just as the things you drew and admired at 13 seem silly and juvenile now, so will most of the things you currently find visually interesting appear when you are 60. I like tattoos myself but I would never recommend one for the reasons mentioned.

tjstack

Loc.
NY
go for it. it looks great. it's your design. and it represents 2 things you love. what's better than that?

if you're really afraid of fading in the sun and want to be more subtle then get it on the inside of your bicep. but i'd say stick with your first instincts and get it on your outside bicep. it'll look tough and sexy.

OP
OP
4x4babygirl

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
If you like it , that's all that matters ;)
I've got a bronco tat on my left bicept ... post a picture when you get home from the Tatoo Parlor ;)

Will you post a pic of yours, please? I'd like to see it.

go for it. it looks great. it's your design. and it represents 2 things you love. what's better than that? it'll look tough and sexy.

My feelings exactly.

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I posted a picture of it the day I got it .

I think the post was called Got Some Ink Done and it has been several years ago. I would not change it for the world . I still use the art work today, for the basis of my coloring contest that I have for all the children that attend Howiepalooza and Last year I used it for the event T-shirt .

If I find a picture of it or somebody posts it for me that would be great ... other wise I will have to get a new picture ;)

howiebilt

Bilgamesh

Loc.
Pilot Point, TX
go for it. it looks great. it's your design. and it represents 2 things you love. what's better than that?

I am all for everyone doing with his or her own body what they want to as long as it doesn't impact everyone else; Live ane Let Live. However, since you asked for opinions, I think you should start by putting the whole thing in perspective. As tjstack said above it is a nice design. You should enjoy your work and display it in a manner appropriate to such things, like a portfolio, a website or other showcase designed for that purpose. Your body is not a billboard. You have shown your design here and gotten positive remarks for it. I think you should leave well enough alone.

In case you are still not convinced and decide to go for it:

http://www.tattoohealth.org/news/news_details.asp?ID=62

Best of Luck!
Bill

ShortBus

I would worry that people would confuse you for a Denver Broncos Fan... Not that there is anything wrong with that ;)