• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

This is one of the funniest eBay auctions I've seen

Hawk

$4.25 and 4 days 19 hours 10 mins left, this M&M can end up going for some big money

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I swear I know who is going to buy that.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/tpa/409930561.html

Nothing like a mutant M&M to sway the odds in competition. If you guys have never read "Best of Craigslist" there is some funny stuff in there.

That is creative and funny!! Hmm, Jelly belly wars...

Yeah, Jesus in the M&M would go for hundreds...in fact when bronco funds are low, I'm going to make a hash-brown resembling the donkey on which Joseph and Mary rode into Bethlehem...

J.D.

Dogdare

From the bidder's list, it looks like only Bronco owners have a sense of humor, or money to burn. Oh wait, that's redundant with being a Bronco owner.

Herb

Dogdare

BTW, shouldn't this be considered a food item (not that I'd dare eat a mutant M&M) and therefore exempt from CA sales tax? Otherwise I'd be bidding.

Herb

UPDATE:

I asked a few questions via eBay. I asked about the sales tax issue, if it comes with the original packaging (critical for resale value) and if it comes with a certificate of authenticity.

Last edited:

Heus33

Bronco Guru
boo ya - look who's king of the castle now boys. ;D

I figure I didn't get a chance to bid on crazy horse so this has got to be a close second.

Do you think Stacy will sign it if I win?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I was going to bid, but if you read the fine print this part does not come with any kind of warranty. If I accidentally let it melt on the dash board of my Bronco, I would expect them to replace it...... %)

Dogdare

I know I need to post this critical information for those of you waiting to pounce on this once in a lifetime object-de-art.

My questions to WildHorses4x4:
Dear wildhorsesbronco,

Since this is technically a food item, will it be exempt from California sales tax for California residents, or is it a collectable and therefore taxable?
Also, does it come with the original packaging and a certificate of authenticity?

THANKS
- barley_hops

The important information you need to know:

Dear barley_hops,

Hello & Good Morning,
Darn good questions !!! Well I haven't the foggiest on the sales tax, but we would be more than willing to absorbed the sales tax cost, no problem. Unfortunately when the coworker was consuming these fine candies, he got down to the last one, threw out the bag, then noticed the strange m&m. After careful inspection (Bringing in our tech for a closer look) we decided that this indeed was a very special m&m. As for certificate of Authenticity, well not to much I can do about that seeing that most "Mutant" items do not start out as "Mutant", so one will never know when getting a "Mutant" m&m.

- wildhorsesbronco

Also it would probably be worth verifying that the said mutant M&M never belonged to OJ Simpson, otherwise he might try to get it back.

Herb
(aka barley_hops on eBay)

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Hey guys - what happened to the bidding war? Am I really going to 'steal' this thing at $5.50?

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
Hmmmmm. I could buy up some M&M's and put them in my microwave for a few seconds and retire on my Ebay earnings.;D Yeah, that's what I'll do. LOL

Dogdare

Hey guys - what happened to the bidding war? Am I really going to 'steal' this thing at $5.50?

Well, it's not just the purchase price, it's the accessories and modifications that come afterwards, just like an EB. First you'll be looking for some diamondplate accessories,...

Herb

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
Sorry Heus33, I was hoping to get back in the game, but the cans on the road weren't as plentiful as they usually were. And I think that darn old man with the datsun hit MY AREA a couple days before. :mad:

I'm sure Mark might throw in a small gift certificate if you ask him nicely. ;D

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
yes it is a weird item , but more weird , is that one of you crack pots actually bought it ,.

there is truth ,to the statement . that people will buy anything .