• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Those who run Ryan's harness....

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
What size are the relays on the harness? I know that we have the fuel pump, computer, mass air/02 sensor, and ignition. What are the corresponding sizes for the relays. Please help me, I am having some issues with the harness and I am trying to eleiminate some of the easy ones.

66horse

Bronco Guru
I could be wrong but I think all the relays are the same.... ?

OP
OP
T

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
Tomorrow my buddy is bringing over his code reader. Something is keeping the power to the computer on. My check engine light comes on after driving for 15 to 20 minutes, then when I go to turn her off the engine will continue to run for about a minute or two before shutting off. I'll see what kind of codes I get tomorrow and post them then, but I'd figure I'd get a few extra relays to carry in the car in case anything goes wrong. Fuel pump relay went out recently and would never turn off. Just nice to have a few laying around.

On my issue, does anyone have any thoughts on what it could be. I am running Ryan's harness and a Centech harness.
Ivan

OP
OP
T

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
Ran the code reader and got no codes. I even changed the computer relay on Ryan's harness and I still have the same problem. After driving around for a little while then turn off the engine, it remains running for a few seconds then shuts off, and the check engine light is on. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be. Thanks for any assistance.

Ivan

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
I don't know how your code reader works, since I have always just counted the flashes from the light, but if you are not getting codes KOEO, did you check codes with KOER. I have his harness and it has worked flawless for me. Hope you get things sorted out.

OP
OP
T

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
The code reader my buddy uses has a complete setup that you read off his laptop. The codes come up when you are in KOEO and KOER, you don't have to count light blinks. I already went thru a couple of different issues that we thought would eleiminate the issue I was having with the harness - EGR eliminator to get rid of that code, then changing the checksum function base to zero. These were advised by Ryan but I am still having an issue. If someone has a clue please chime in. Thanks Ivan