• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thoughts about 1974 eb for 2250.00

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
from the flickr pic, it's a 44. The steering wheel is not stock, but that's not a big deal. Also the seat covers and door panels have been redone non-stock. Looks like you'll have some rust to deal with. Check the door posts, tub bed and floor pans real good.

OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

Well looks like Im the new owner of a 74 bronco. Goin to take off work today around 3 to get some sleep ;) doubt I will be able to sleep at this moment. The old guy Im getting it from seems very honest about dislosing all the problems so we will just have to see. Worst case scenario I will just have more work to do with it. Hind site is I get to be more in touch with my new girl. lol Its located in Colorado, so this should be a fun trip. Uhaul wants 190 for a car dolly or I can borrow a car hauler from a buddy that I would have to haul up there. Opinions are welcomed. I also have the option of a local guy going to pick it up for 300 bucks but Im sort of a hands on guy and would like to drive it first. Just thoughts.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
You do need to go look at it first and drive it. If you can borrow a trailer it won't cost you much more in fuel to pull it. My F250 doesn't even notice an empty trailer.

OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

You do need to go look at it first and drive it. If you can borrow a trailer it won't cost you much more in fuel to pull it. My F250 doesn't even notice an empty trailer.

My toyota tacoma will probably notice it. I figured a dolly would be less overall weight coming up and down those colorado hills. Just my thinking.

broncojames

Loc.
Smelterville ID
i would defiantly take a vary good look at it in person before agreeing to any price. a crawl under it and look as well look for shitty work.. I got took on mine it had two newish floor boards sandwiching the old rusted one found it by grinding the ugly welds witch popped under a little heat exposing the double shitty work..

OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

Well I got trailer and my bro in law crew cab fx4 to pull it. Do i pull it in drive or 2. Loaded and unloaded. It doesn't bog on the pull empty. Had to stop fo the night. Will continue my adventure to co tomorrow first thing. Funny thing I almost left the money at home until my wife said hey sweety did u get everything like the money. O yeah I might need that. I did forget my camera :(

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Pull it loaded in drive with OD off and empty OD on will probably be OK. If your tranny "hunts" with OD on then turn it off. Don't drive it in 2 unless you're going up a steep grade and it's got you slowed down a lot. (Or for engine braking on a steep down hill.)

Going to Edmond OK right? Should be pretty flat once you leave Denver unless you go south on I25 and go over Raton Pass. What route are you taking?

OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

Pull it loaded in drive with OD off and empty OD on will probably be OK. If your tranny "hunts" with OD on then turn it off. Don't drive it in 2 unless you're going up a steep grade and it's got you slowed down a lot. (Or for engine braking on a steep down hill.)

Going to Edmond OK right? Should be pretty flat once you leave Denver unless you go south on I25 and go over Raton Pass. What route are you taking?

Coming from edmond ok going to wheat ridge. Had a wheel bearing go out on the trailer but still can't sleep thinking about finally getting my first bronco. Wish co was closer so I could have taken my boy with me. That many hours sitting is impossible for a li kid to sit for that long.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Coming from edmond ok going to wheat ridge. Had a wheel bearing go out on the trailer but still can't sleep thinking about finally getting my first bronco. Wish co was closer so I could have taken my boy with me. That many hours sitting is impossible for a li kid to sit for that long.

take some pics when you get back. your not too far from me as i work in okc

OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

Will do. I plan to take a ton of pics. iPhone will have to do since I left my camera at home.

OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

Were do I want to strap the bronco down. At the axles or to the frame.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
You're going to get a lot of different answers to this question. I always use axle straps on each side of the pumkin and cris-cross the straps side to side both front and rear. Having fun yet?!

You'll want the Bronco cog in front of the trailer axles so it tows better and has some tongue weight. If it steers funny - the tail of trailer is moving back and forth - stop and relocate the Bronco a bit forward and try again! May take a couple of moves to get it right. You don't want to fight the trailer for 700 miles!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

I'm having a blast. Ended up with my father in law truck. 2009 z71 3/4 with trailer brake. So it makes it alot easier. I got wood already. 230 miles to go. The seller offered me a place to stay the night to rest. You don't find folks like that now days.

OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

Got it loaded and headed back. Note to self check ball even if family say it's a 2 5/16

OP
OP
B

Boss Hog

20 hours straight and 4 till I get my 74 home. The owner said I might need to rejet the carb for lower altitude. Is this true. Also what seat belts can I use for rear seat. Don't want to put mykids in harms way. Also what about carbon monoxide from the exhAust.