• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TITLE AMENDMENT: Vendor service issues. Advice???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBS-POPS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
valley springs, ca
Sorry, just have to rant a little to vent my fustration!

Here goes, I bought a power brake conversion kit from Wildhorses last Dec. Didn't install it until the beginning of this month (Mar). After install, found that the master cyl. had some issues. Called WH to see what could be done about the problem. They said that the kit is a B.C. broncos kit and that I would have to call them. OK. Called BCB and talked to Chuck. No prob! Told me to ship it back to them (master cyl. only) and he would warranty it. Sent it to thier physical address as he told me to.

Boxed it up, took it to the post office, off it went!!! All is good. Turns out for $13 and some change, a master cyl. will get a round trip ride to Ingram TX. and back! Undeliverable, NO SUCH ADDRESS!!! Check the address on box, BCB's site, all the same.Called BCB they told me that the post office wont deliver to thier address and would have to be sent by UPS or sent to thier P.O. Box.

Asked them to send me a UPS delivery label since I had already paid to send this thing to them once but they REFUSED and said I would have to pay AGAIN to ship it to them! Why should I have to pay AGAIN to ship this thing to them since they DID NOT specify that it HAD to be shipped via UPS ONLY to the address that THEY gave me!! Only UPS will deliver to thier physical address!!

I had always thought that WARRANTY meant without customer expense! Well I'm already $13 into this and dont want to spend any more money on this B.S. Since THEY should be taking care of this problem in it's entirety!!!

This is my first experience dealing with B.C. Broncos and I think it will be my last!! Again I dont think I should have to pay to ship, let alone twice, something back to the manufacturer to get a bad part replaced on warranty!!! THIER CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!! JMO POPS- NorCal Broncos. Thanks for let'n me rant!

P.S. I already bought another MC because I knew this prob was going to take some time with shipping back and forth and was going to keep the warrantied one as a spare.Had places to go in the Bronco!!!

Last edited:

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
That's too bad. Some people have good experiences with some vendors while others do not. $13 isn't too big a deal though. I can understand your frustration, but I wouldn't cry over spilled milk.

Amac70

ME
i think you should rant about WH to if they sell you something they should service you. If i buy a part from napa that don't work, dam sure im going to make napa fix the problem not there vendor. Its there problem to deal with the vendor

edit pass me the popcorn

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
everything ordererd over the phone , or i net , is a matter of shipping ... no one covers it under warranty.... that is the way it works for everyone . no just b.c. broncos .

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
That's too bad. Some people have good experiences with some vendors while others do not. $13 isn't too big a deal though. I can understand your frustration, but I wouldn't cry over spilled milk.

It's not the Milk it's the POINT, Customer service is all Vendors have the rest is who you want to buy from.

Brian

Flintknapper

Loc.
Deep East Texas
This is my first experience dealing with B.C. Broncos and I think it will be my last!![

If I were B.C. Broncos I would try to get this from you in writing.;)

I don't see where they did anything wrong. They enjoy an excellent reputation.

Wild Horses is who you should be upset with. You bought from them, they should have handled it.

BC is just running their business and shipping practices the same as everyone else (even if you don't know that or agree with it).

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
everything ordererd over the phone , or i net , is a matter of shipping ... no one covers it under warranty.... that is the way it works for everyone . no just b.c. broncos .

If there part is bad they should fix and replace it at their cost not are's

Amac70

ME
You'll get booted off this site by admin for posting your rants with a vendor here.....

Take care of it first with the vendor first before coming out in a public forum...

Must be a newbie......

Has posting this thread done anything for you?

he did fix it, he got it somewhere else why spend another 15 dollars in shipping for a 20 dollar part someone else should have fixed for him.

12 post in less then 15 mins.

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Didn't order it. Walked into WH and paid CASH for it!!!

Then you should have taken it up with WH if you bought it from them.

BTW, Ranting like this wont get much brownie points, especially since most folks have nothing good to say about BC..and when they weren't the ones who sold it to you. %)

Amac70 said:
pass me the popcorn

Mind if I share?

Amac70

ME
to bad you didn't buy it from jeff's then everyone would have been behind you and talked about how much there customer service sucks.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
You'll get booted off this site by admin for posting your rants with a vendor here.....

Take care of it first with the vendor first before coming out in a public forum...
I won't boot anybody for it, but will delete the post if they haven't tried to work it out with the vendor first. From the original post it sounds like he's talked to the vendor and still wasn't satisfied. If the customer and vendor have talked and still can't come to a resolution they both like then it's OK to post about it.

I would say though that the subject line isn't being very constructive about the problem. Just ranting, which doesn't help much.

Also, I don't how the phone conversation went where TBS-POPS was given the address to ship to, but it does note on the BCB web site to use their PO box when sending via USPS.

trailbound

i don't think the warranty was the issue, sounds like he covered his end by mailing the part back to them. But if info is undisclosed like he had to send it UPS and only UPS. Then I think the vendor should should cover it. Especially since them damn master cylinders are only like $30 from napa. So now he is going to be out damn near the cost of a new master cylinder just to get his warranty work done.

"Madgyver -You'll get booted off this site by admin for posting your rants with a vendor here.....

Must be a newbie......"

Has posting this thread done anything for you?

"Bronco Chat (37 Viewing)
General non-technical discussions for 66-77 Ford Broncos. Topics include Bronco history, VIN decoding, trail rides, events, vendor experiences, questions on where to get parts or pricing, general build-up threads & stories, etc. Posts about vehicles on eBay or vehicles for sale will be moved to the Classifieds forum. No exceptions."

Funny how under "bronco chat" it lists a lot of different topics, including Vendor Experiances. Note second line in paragraph right after Events.

And if an administrator would ban someone for fallowing the rules, then we all have much bigger problems

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
I think the master should have went back to WH or they should have arranged it, i could be wrong. BC has always been great with me and very helpful.
What was up with the master.

Bronco Brian

Bronco Guru
Then you should have taken it up with WH if you bought it from them.

QUOTE]

I to think W/h should take care of this. But They told Jeff to go to BC Maybe Chuck wants it that way 1 more # for him = more sales if all goes right

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
post deleted, bad quote on my end, sorry..

Let's hijack this thread......;D

OP
OP
TBS-POPS

TBS-POPS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
valley springs, ca
I won't boot anybody for it, but will delete the post if they haven't tried to work it out with the vendor first. From the original post it sounds like he's talked to the vendor and still wasn't satisfied. If the customer and vendor have talked and still can't come to a resolution they both like then it's OK to post about it.

I would say though that the subject line isn't being very constructive about the problem. Just ranting, which doesn't help much.

Also, I don't how the phone conversation went where TBS-POPS was given the address to ship to, but it does note on the BCB web site to use their PO box when sending via USPS.

I have had two conversations with BCB in the last two days. first with the lady who answers the phone, the second with Chuck and both insist that I have to pay to ship this thing again. Both were very nice on the phone. I just think that if someone has a problem with THIER product, It should be taken care of at no expense to the customer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.