• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TITLE AMENDMENT: Vendor service issues. Advice???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfly13

Loc.
Lockwood, Mo.
X2! Why hold the middle man responsible when you let the guy you made the purchase from off of the hook? This makes no sense. Chuck sold wholesale to WH, which does not let him off the hook, but he sure deserves to charge for the shipping if he chooses. Wh is a local vendor for you and that is likely why you chose to shop with them, then they send you to Texas for warranty? That is what sucks! WH should have made a direct replacement on the spot for you.

Last month I bought 4 Goodyear tires for my Explorer, one was bad, my vendor replaced it. They did not tell me to call Goodyear and ship them the tire for replacement. Your issue is with WH.

smoked77

Loc.
Columbus, IN
Sounds like the real problem is wild horses. They should have taken it back. They're the ones that sold it to you. They should take up the issue w/ BCB....not sure why you didn't add wild horses to the list of vendors your pissed at.

In the long run, who cares about an extra 13 bucks???

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Must just be a TX thing... our USPS guy delivers decent sized packages to my house all the time. And if its too big to fit in the guys car, I get a slip in the mailbox that says "you have a package at the post office..." If you go to usps.com you'll see that the USPS can handle pretty big packages.

No its not just a TX thing. My business is in a remote rural location and we ship/receive a lot of 'stuff', big and small (worldwide too..). The fact that our mailing addy is a PO box is a PITA constantly. We do not have 'mail delivery' except to our PO box. UPS/Fedex/DHL will not deliver to PO box..USPS will not deliver to our physical address. We are constantly having to correct one or the other with various suppliers and customers.

Oh..and we do not pay for shipping costs of our products when they are returned to us under warranty; we do pay the shippng to send them back...and we pay shippng costs when we are returning something to a vendor under warranty/the vendor pays shipping when returning it to us. That be how it is.

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
I'll add my $0.02 (Canadian- so more like 0.05):

Althought i have yet to buy anything from B.C. Broncos (i mostly buy EB specific stuff from Jeff's with NO issues ever {i am local}); reading this post does not deter me from buying anything from B.C. if it comes to that.

The moral is: you cannot please everyone all the time and while you're entitled to your opinion and have all the right to post it here in any format you wish to ; i see this as you're one of the 3.4 per Million defective transactions for B.C.

Good luck in resolving your issue and i hope you consider these facts and don't write off B.C. from your vendor list!

(for everyone else reading this post: It could be worse; he could be installing a chebby motor in his EB.....)

- no more happy pills for me today..

BroncoDawg

Loc.
Bishop, CA
I seriously doubt WH told you to send it back to BCB. They should have taken it, replaced it and sent it back to chuck on their dime. You probably didn't want to take the time to drive to WH, so you took the route you chose.
My experience is you pay for return shipping yourself and when the vendor has seen the unit they often reimburse for the shipping, but never up front. Not knowing how to properly ship something isn't Chuck's fault either.

Learn from this, get over it and quit whining!!!

welndmn

Bronco Guru
You people assume to much.
We don't know the partnership the WH and BCB has.
When he called WH's with a problem, WH could of told them to call BCB to help TROUBLESHOOT the issue.
If BCB did the troubleshooting over the phone, and decied that the M/C was bad, he took it apon himself to fix it.

There are lots of things that could of happened, but it seems eveyone on this board is so quick to jump to a side with out getting a full story.

So far, the only thing I believe is BCB needs to be more clear about their shipping. I don't live in Butt F#$@K no where, and this was the first I ever heard about USPS not delivering to rual places.

I know Jon said it was on their website, but they said they phoned in and got the information.

This issue arose from Communation problems. WH should fo made it their position more clear the Customer. BCB should of made what they can and can not do more clear as well.

cactushorse

Devin's list of how to get EB guys to not like me:

1. Get online and talk about how cool it would be to put a Chebby motor in my EB.

2. Get online and talk about how much better heeps are than EB's.

3. Go out and buy a perfectly preserved, pristine, UNCUT EB with 223 miles, and then bust out the sawzall (actually, I would do this...).

4. Jump on the forum and bash a well-respected (probably the most respected) EB vendor on the site.......especially for something that is pretty trivial and is not his fault.

I am sure this list could go on and on, but you get the idea. Bashing vendors usually doesn't fly too well on this site.

Please go on, i got a good laugh from this!

I wonder if WH will step up here, they shouldn't have given you the runaround in the first place.

JHD

Loc.
Colorado Springs
There are lots of things that could of happened, but it seems eveyone on this board is so quick to jump to a side with out getting a full story.

Everyone jumped on BCs side because of their reputation. I'll bet at least 50% of the people here have bougt from BC and have nothing but great things to say about them. This guy post a huge title that they suck over $13. His fault, BC, or WH isn't really much of a concern. If it was saddleup you would get a different reaction. It's like some bimbo calling one of your boys a jerk because he dumped her....

by the way TBS-POPS I'm not calling you a bimbo just making a comparison

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't live in Butt F#$@K no where, and this was the first I ever heard about USPS not delivering to rual places.

I don't either..Butt F#$@K is farther down river from us. We are in Bung F#$@K, which is just as bad. The postman has to go through Bung F#$@K to get to Butt F#$@K
:p

seahawkfan

Loc.
Vacaville, Ca
I seriously doubt WH told you to send it back.

Learn from this, get over it and quit whining!!!

It absolutely blows me away how much this awesome board has started to come across as another Pirate Board. Unless someone is from a smallish little click on here they can't post anything without a bunch of dumbass comments coming back at them. Some people are allowed to rant while others are not? One person got this right from the beginning when they said no decision would be made by them unless they heard both sides of the story. Other idiots have assumed a LOT. It's funny to see some names show up with comments similar to the above when thay have done the same thing before (not saying you BroncoDawg-just using your quote as a sample).

Hey POPS, maybe you should post something about selling/buying another Bronco and see what kind of comments you get then You can really get a good ripping then.

I've never had any issues with WH. I have had issues with BCB but they have always fixed things and made them right. Good luck in getting this solved whatever you do.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I've had great service from BCB and WH, but that doesn't mean there can't be problems at times.

With that said - there are good and bad ways to post in these situations:

Good - "BCB Customer Service Issue - need your opinions"
or "BCB issue, what would you do?"

Not-as-Good - "B.C. Broncos Customer Service Sucks!"

It's always better to ask for perspective before asserting one's (absolute) opinion. Perhaps that's why people have reacted so strongly.

If I am being asked, I would have suggested that going to WH would have been the right course of action.

Just my two cents.

seahawkfan

Loc.
Vacaville, Ca
I've had great service from BCB and WH, but that doesn't mean there can't be problems at times.

With that said - there are good and bad ways to post in these situations:

Good - "BCB Customer Service Issue - need your opinions"
or "BCB issue, what would you do?"

Not-as-Good - "B.C. Broncos Customer Service Sucks!"

It's always better to ask for perspective before asserting one's (absolute) opinion. Perhaps that's why people have reacted so strongly.

If I am being asked, I would have suggested that going to WH would have been the right course of action.

Just my two cents.

LOL... Looks like someone actually thought about their response before responding.

Well said. I'll think of this before I ever post anything about customer service.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Het Pops, did you take it into the post office? If so they should have checked the addy and been able to tell you that the package couldnt be delivered, they have always checked info when I go in. Looks like communication is one of the issues in this. I myself had never heard before of a residence or business not being able to receive packages from USPS and I have sent many packages to places in BFE too ;D Not sure what happened in the convo between POPS and BC but somewhere it wasnt established that it had to go to a PO. FWIW he isnt complaining about shipping or paying, just paying a second time. As far as WH in this situation they should have taken it back and then sent it to BC at their leisure but like someone said up top he graciously took it upon himself to take it back. Maybe BC figured that POPS would be shipping the product back (as 90% I am sure is shipped product not walk in) to WH so why not skip the middle man and send it direct. Anyways, POPS could have definitely been a little more constructive in his title as he said they were pleasant and helpful, they just didnt feel it was their responsibility to pay for the return and thats where his beef laid.

BTW POPS, dont you live out in BFE too ;D ;D

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
We talked to our customer and ask him to bring in the master cyl. for a new one. This was our screw up. It's been taken care of. It's very rare for WH to send customers to our vendors. So let's just say the master cylinder stops here. Thanks to everyone for your business we appreciate it. Have a great weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.