• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tito and son build - 66 half cab

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Go dad... Keep plugging away..

love your builds and detail

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Nice progress man! I may have missed it, but is that a TCI front end set up?
It is. Nice setup but poor service after purchase so far. I'm just trying to get a few details on the sway bar but there are no instructions for the universal kit and tech has yet in a week to respond to email or viocemail.
Wasn't too hard getting it all in. Motor hopefully will go in next week along with t5 from modern driveline so I can get pinion set and make crossmember for the trans.
Got rear links in and motor mounts welded up today. Feel free to let me know If I'm wrong but if my angle is right I should be able to kick the uppers out to stabilize rear vs in. I've got a sway bar kit coming too for the rear.
70d80c72989c20405c5d251fadd10e62.jpg
4f743eabb43da1d50dde59ad911ab5ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I LOVE IT PERSONALLY! what a bad ass ride for that young man!
My wife (mom) is scared to death. I get it but I also know he's the one interested in vehicles, so hopefully he will learn to respect it and have ownership helping build it. I am excited that being a manual will help him be more focused and his friends can't joyride lol.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Go dad... Keep plugging away..

love your builds and detail
Thanks bud, this is a unique project in a lot of ways, for the first time I'm not having to get things done on the cheap and can afford a little higher end and all new parts. Not used to that lol, I've always been a junkyard builder.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
My wife (mom) is scared to death. I get it but I also know he's the one interested in vehicles, so hopefully he will learn to respect it and have ownership helping build it. I am excited that being a manual will help him be more focused and his friends can't joyride lol.

The discussion at the Fire house, many years ago, was that a small pick-up truck was good for a beginner. Only two seats, one for a friend. No one allowed in the back by law. And if the kid needed to make a little cash, he had a truck to haul stuff.

That may not completely work in todays world with cell phones and the current DMV rules, but keep the Bronco with only two bucket seats to limit Riders. A back seat (if it fits) can go in later after he gets a few miles under his belt.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
It is. Nice setup but poor service after purchase so far. I'm just trying to get a few details on the sway bar but there are no instructions for the universal kit and tech has yet in a week to respond to email or viocemail.
Wasn't too hard getting it all in. Motor hopefully will go in next week along with t5 from modern driveline so I can get pinion set and make crossmember for the trans.
Got rear links in and motor mounts welded up today. Feel free to let me know If I'm wrong but if my angle is right I should be able to kick the uppers out to stabilize rear vs in. I've got a sway bar kit coming too for the rear.
70d80c72989c20405c5d251fadd10e62.jpg
4f743eabb43da1d50dde59ad911ab5ad.jpg

I installed a TCI front and rear kit in 57 Chevy and it all went in pretty easy, but your correct about the sway bars. I had to modify both the front and especially the rear to get them installed. Nothing that you can't handle though.

OP
OP
Tito

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Pat, that sway bar, can I just cut and sleeve it or is there a heat treatment built into the bar that I need to avoid messing up? Need to get the rack on and hopefully motor in this week to see final fitments before stripping it all off for final welding of frame parts.