• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

To cut or not to cut.....

broncoP

Contributor
I'm building a 67 that I'll be selling. Currently, it is uncut, pretty stock with manual steering and brakes. I was going to build it close to original, but not everything would be original. Previous owner welded in a 77 style filler neck as well. Has new suspension/stock height. I was going to leave it uncut and close to original but would have a different year dash, has the different fuel door now, have stock hubcaps. Wondering if there would be more of a demand/worth more uncut/close to stock, or, cut it, add flares, maybe 2.5" -3.5" lift. If I did lift it, I'd probably add power steering and brakes, may add that stuff either way.

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Depends on the buyer but at least if you leave it uncut they have an option of what they want to do with it. IMO you should be able to get a little more for it as well.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I think a good looking LUBER would sell better. Give it a 2 1/2" lift and 31 to 33 inch tires. That seems to be the hot ticket right now. Power steering and power disk brakes will help sell it too.

Firedog67

I kept my '67 uncut and very happy I did. Harder to find uncut now and days.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Depends on the buyer but at least if you leave it uncut they have an option of what they want to do with it. IMO you should be able to get a little more for it as well.

I second that and what every body else said DO NOT CUT:D

rhino2104

If the fenders aren't rusted out don't cut it. It will appeal to more people that way and probably help you find a buyer faster. Also, if you don't cut it then the potential buyer has the chance to keep it uncut or cut it their selves. I'm partial to the uncut and LUBR looks though.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I say cut that bitch right down the middle. Take 6'' out of her .. pinch both ends, jack it up. Put 40's on it and go bang it into rocks. end of dilemma.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I say cut that bitch right down the middle. Take 6'' out of her .. pinch both ends, jack it up. Put 40's on it and go bang it into rocks. end of dilemma.

Roger, bite your tongue!!:eek:

Kurt

Loc.
Badger State

You forgot something.

Take out that tired 302 and put in a wicked bowtie LS1......

matts460

I think if your not keeping it don't cut it, leave that for next owner. I hope the owner of my next/future Bronco is taking good care of it and not cutting it up. LOL

ugly74

Bronco abuser
If you're going to sell it; leave it uncut. Since you have no idea what the buyer is going to want, you dont wanna automatically turn off any prospective buyers that are looking for a stocker.

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
If you're going to sell it; leave it uncut. Since you have no idea what the buyer is going to want, you dont wanna automatically turn off any prospective buyers that are looking for a stocker.

Makes total sense plus there are so many cut one's out there. Save another....