• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tom's silver steering wheel - MASS BUY IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Interested in Tom's custom Bronco Steering wheel With the Bronco Script Logo

• I would be interested if the price is right

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • Not now, Bronco is still on blocks

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
How about the entire tilt column?

What was the deal I read awhile back about these things fading ?:? Any current feedback on that?

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
We did this awhile ago. There was some fading and chipping issue on the anodized ones. Not to mention the steering wheels says "Tom's Bronco Parts" on it's spokes (take a close look at the photo in the lower right had side). These things did not sit so well with some.

Thought you guys would want to be aware.

I hope they've resolved these things...anyone here know?

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
I possibly would if I had some tips on how to get the allen head screws out of mine. They seem to be real tight.

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
HotWheels said:
We did this awhile ago. There was some fading and chipping issue on the anodized ones. Not to mention the steering wheels says "Tom's Bronco Parts" on it's spokes (take a close look at the photo in the lower right had side). These things did not sit so well with some.

Thought you guys would want to be aware.

I hope they've resolved these things...anyone here know?

That's right, now that you mentioned it I remeber that as well. I can check with them to see if they still say Tom's or not. I'm not so sure if I would want one of that was the case.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
BoltBuster said:
I possibly would if I had some tips on how to get the allen head screws out of mine. They seem to be real tight.

yessss....look at your avatar... :eek:

mebbe some liquid wrench. You know you could just remove the center bolt under the horn and remove the whole thing....

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
I just got off the phone with Tom's and they said if we had a large enough order they could just order them all with out the Tom's logo. The person I talked to was going to check on the price and how long it would take with Tom.

hd03sporty

Loc.
Tucson AZ
Yes I would be curious to know if they have resolved the previous issues with the fading and the script, I have one on my 69 with just the "Bronco" script (not with the "Tom's Bronco parts") and mine was originally blue and is now faded to silver, I have learned to live with it and I still love the wheel just would re-order a new blue one if the fading issue and the script has been fixed.....

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Bronco Sport said:
I just got off the phone with Tom's and they said if we had a large enough order they could just order them all with out the Tom's logo. The person I talked to was going to check on the price and how long it would take with Tom.

Glad to hear it...nicely done.

Have you guys even considered the LeCarra Steering wheel? It makes Tom's look like a toy. I can post a pic if you'd like.

And the "Thick Grip" is a nice thing too...very comfy...I believe LSUPete only uses LeCarra on all his rigs too...he showed me the light..thanx Pete!! :cool:

I'm just asking....I know you guys want the good stuff...

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
If it's decent cost, only say's "Bronco", and the fading issue is fixed...yah, that's alot to ask for but if I remember, you couldn't get a color without it fading. Brushed was the only agreeable solution.

What are the other options, and how do they work with the primary columns on the market?

Bragging pictures of any new tilt/wheel combos???

Good stuff, good stuff ;) ;) ;)

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
HotWheels said:

Have you guys even considered the LeCarra Steering wheel? It makes Tom's look like a toy. I can post a pic if you'd like.

And the "Thick Grip" is a nice thing too...very comfy...I believe LSUPete only uses LeCarra on all his rigs too...he showed me the light..thanx Pete!! :cool:

How much are we talking and where to buy. Post away, I'd love to see some pics.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
Just got a call back from Tom's; they have 10 of them now in the silver without the Tom's script. They will give us 5% off on them under a mass buy. Sounds good to me!

Please let me know if you would be interested in the silver one.

Thanks!

broncobilly_69

Loc.
Lebanon
HotWheels said:

Yeah lets see a pic HotWheels. options are always good. a price estimate would be great as well.

Also what do those of you that have the Tom's wheel think of the way it feels and how well has the finish of the silver ones held up.

RustyNutz

Loc.
Coos Bay
broncobilly_69 said:
Yeah lets see a pic HotWheels. options are always good. a price estimate would be great as well.

Also what do those of you that have the Tom's wheel think of the way it feels and how well has the finish of the silver ones held up.

I just picked one up a couple of weeks ago. I got the silver one and it does not have Toms Bronco Parts scrip on it only Bronco on it. I love the feel of the wheel and would not hesitate to ever buy another. Here is a pic in my gallery.

STEERING WHEEL PIC

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
Ya I was kinda annoyed that mine had "Tom's Bronco Parts" on it. I should see if I could return mine and get one without the script.

baby_blue

Loc.
Laramie, WY
Bronco Sport said:
Just got a call back from Tom's; they have 10 of them now in the silver without the Tom's script. They will give us 5% off on them under a mass buy. Sounds good to me!

Please let me know if you would be interested in the silver one.

Thanks!
So that would make them $141.55? Not enough of a discount to make me jump, but thanks for doing the foot work.

Jerry

6thBronco

Loc.
BC Canada
RustyNutz said:
I just picked one up a couple of weeks ago. I got the silver one and it does not have Toms Bronco Parts scrip on it only Bronco on it. I love the feel of the wheel and would not hesitate to ever buy another. Here is a pic in my gallery.

STEERING WHEEL PIC

Anyone notice that it looks like these are MOMO wheels even though alot cheaper? Are these a copy? Does anyone find the 13.8" wheel is too small to control the early ratio PS?

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/momo_fighter_steering_wheels/

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
6thBronco said:
Anyone notice that it looks like these are MOMO wheels even though alot cheaper? Are these a copy? Does anyone find the 13.8" wheel is too small to control the early ratio PS?

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/momo_fighter_steering_wheels/

i have the toms wheel from the last mass buy. if i were to do it all again id still do it. the smaller wheel doesnt make it hard to handle either. but it does give you a little more of a workout when out wheeling. granted im not a big guy but after a day of wheeling out at disney,ok my shoulders were pretty sore but tolerable. the only thing (and i do mean only thing) i dont care for about these wheels is that there are 6 very small allen screws that actually hold the wheel to the column. doesnt seem like anough BUT i havent had any issues with mine coming loose at this time.

OP
OP
Bronco Sport

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
baby_blue said:
So that would make them $141.55? Not enough of a discount to make me jump, but thanks for doing the foot work.

Jerry

I had thought the price would be a bit better. Does anyone know what the price was on the last mass buy?